7990 performance decline

skidkid87

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I've had an AMD HD 7990 for over a year now, I've been benchmarking against Heaven's Bench all that time, and the performance has gone down from a rating of 1700+ to 1500

I just want to know if that is hardware stream processors failing or is it a driver update that is doing that, so is there a way to check how many stream processors that I have that are actually running and so that I can check if this is HW limitations or SW limitations ?

I tried GPU-z and it only looks like it's referencing the GPU database to show my shader cores, of 1024 on each GPU, but anyways it doesn't have a count on the stream processors

Quaddro

Distinguished
different OS do make different score number..

different driver make the same thing..

Graphic card is a pure electronic components, no mechanical thing (exp: harddisk) ..that mean, there's no part exhausted..if one part fail, that almost mean your graphic card will not work..

skidkid87

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

actually it's well known that it's liable for small units in HW components can fail and be replaced by other redundant units in case they fail, or in other situations the HW is built to sustain that damage and continue working without that part.

and yes 75%chance it's a driver or something, but it can't be that every driver I have applied (even after a complete format) has reduced the GPUs' capacities for performance.

this is why I'm starting to get worried, and checking my HW before I check with AMD about this issue