4890 hd XFX , help looking for latest bios and driver advice please.

G

Currently my 7970 is on its way back for RMA , so i have had to buy a 2nd user card to keep me going , i happened to pick up a 4890 for £22.50 delivered on ebay via a auction this morning.....

But i have read there is updated bios's around , so in the hopes of getting the most out of the 4890 xfa radeon while i wait ,i imagine around 3 weeks for my 7970 to be returned.

Can anyone offer me a link to the best bios to update the card with.

And can i still use the latest beta AMD drivers for the 4890 , or is there a custom set of drivers best used with the 4890....

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
The HD 4xxx got shifted over to legacy support in 2013. If you do a little poking on AMD's site, you can get the drivers through their driver/support pages. Don't expect a ton of performance, but it'll get things done at a minimum.

G

Thank you , i have just downloaded the 13.9 leagacy drivers .

Anyone know of a good update for the bios , i imagine the card will arrive with its original standard bios.

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Helo, Our 4890's did have bios updates, but they were only to introduce a less aggressive fan profile. If you are using this card as a band-aid/backup, i wouldn't risk updating the bios for a cosmetic issue. The bios can be found at xfxstorage.com, however i would open a ticket at xfxsupport.com first to see if your product would be compatible with the bios files available. It may be a different PCB entirely.