Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Corsair VS 450 for HD 7790 Crossfire

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Crossfire
  • Systems
  • Corsair
  • Configuration
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
Last response: in Systems
September 2, 2014 4:48:17 AM

Can this power supply can run the crossfire configuration.

Power supply:
http://www.corsair.com/en/vs-seriestm-vs450-450-watt-po...

Graphics Card: (Two same graphics card in crossfire)
http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?...

Corsair VS 450 Review:
http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/corsair-vs450-review/2/
(according to the review it can sustain even 500 Watts)

Processor: A8-5600K
Case Fans: 4x120mm

More about : corsair 450 7790 crossfire

Best solution

a c 147 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 4:52:37 AM

To Crossfire the 7790 a minimum of 600W is recommended. And that is true with the CPU (please specify that) and the Crossfire already consumes about 400W. So that's not enough at all. Get at least 550W or 600W (is what I recommend).

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1845313/500w-779...

KEEP THIS IN MIND! THE PSU IS LIKE A HUMAN HEART, IF IT IS GONE THE LIFE IS GONE. SO TRUST US AND CHOOSE A GOOD PSU. :D 
Share
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 4:53:15 AM

i'd say no, the required power for one card is 500W, so probs not for crossfire
m
1
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 4:58:05 AM

No it won't. I recommend 550w minumum for crossfire. Your system will be drawing 400w roughly under full load, and it's not a good idea to load down a PSU that much. It can blow taking other parts with it. It may cause random restarts. It will not be as efficient, so it will cost more on your power bill.
m
0
l
September 2, 2014 5:01:41 AM

What if the only one HD 7790 alone (not in crossfire) it will run?
m
0
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 5:02:18 AM

lhuigi said:
What if the only one HD 7790 alone (not in crossfire) it will run?


Yes absolutely. But if you will be frequently upgrading the computer or the system, then it is a good investment to upgrade the PSU to a good and reliable one.
m
0
l
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 5:02:44 AM

lhuigi said:
What if the only one HD 7790 alone (not in crossfire) it will run?


yeah I think it draws around 200-300w so your psu should be good enough for that
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 5:03:00 AM

Joeteoh99 said:
To Crossfire the 7790 a minimum of 600W is recommended. And that is true with the CPU (please specify that) and the Crossfire already consumes about 400W. So that's not enough at all. Get at least 550W or 600W (is what I recommend).

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1845313/500w-779...

KEEP THIS IN MIND! THE PSU IS LIKE A HUMAN HEART, IF IT IS GONE THE LIFE IS GONE. SO TRUST US AND CHOOSE A GOOD PSU. :D 


You are right to recommend a 550w/600w unit, but there is no way 2 x HD7790 uses 400w. The full system will use about 400w though. Under 100% load crossfire 7790's will use 163w. http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/club3d_radeon_7790...

m
0
l
September 2, 2014 5:05:56 AM

Ok so I will buy the Corsair VS 550 Watts instead of 450 Watts. Thanks guys
m
0
l
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 5:06:53 AM

np, enjoy it
m
0
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2014 5:07:11 AM

lhuigi said:
Ok so I will buy the Corsair VS 550 Watts instead of 450 Watts. Thanks guys


No worries. All the best and make sure you have a spare PCI Express port for the second GPU and a case long enough for the GPU'S.
m
0
l