550 Watts enough for a light-medium overlock?

It's not just how many watts it delivers - it's how many amps on the 12V rail. Look at Antec, XFX, Seasonic or EVGA.... Quality and current capacity are more important.
-Bruce
Edit: if this is the unit designed by Seasonic - go for it. Good quality.

Glenifir

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

it can deliver up to 45 amps.

it's made by enhance electronics, the quality is gold standard. Its not as good as seasonic but it is a very solid psu.

Glenifir

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

thanks. I think I've read some of your other comments saying this is a good psu. I've read a few reviews on the series and it seems that the PSU is very solid regardless of coolermasters previous shitty past efforts ;) I initially bought it thinking it was the V series!! so I was panicking about receiving it in a few days but I'm glad it's good enough. I'm slightly concerned about the wattage since a lot of people are saying 600w is what you need for a 780 but I've seen lots of evidence that my system probably won't go past 450watts when maxed out and overclocked, and even with PSU deterioration of a couple years it should still be OK.

Glenifir

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

I'll probably not overclock at all ;) I just wanted to gauge opinions about using a 550w gold on my rig ;) though I promise I'll be good and not overclock it much. definitely not messing with voltages and stuff.