Will a 750 TI graphics card work in an MS-7693 MSI motherboard?

DJ5240

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
I'm asking because in the specs it says it needs a 6-pin power connector (or 2 hard drive connectors?) i currently have a 550TI with a 6pin from my PSU to the card, not sure if this is what i need or not.

Solution
I don't believe that a GTX 750 Ti needs any extra power connectors. If I recalled correctly, it uses 75 Watts or less at max load.

Anyway, the GTX 750 Ti will definitely work with that motherboard.

Where are you reading the specs from?
Also, the 6 pin PCIe power connector connected to your GTX 550 Ti is probably the one that the "specs" are referring to.

Cats869

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
I don't believe that a GTX 750 Ti needs any extra power connectors. If I recalled correctly, it uses 75 Watts or less at max load.

Anyway, the GTX 750 Ti will definitely work with that motherboard.

Where are you reading the specs from?
Also, the 6 pin PCIe power connector connected to your GTX 550 Ti is probably the one that the "specs" are referring to.

Solution

DJ5240

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

i plan on buying this card from best buy, and in one of the pictures of things included was this connector with 2 white 3 pin ends (they split from each other at a black connector that looked like a 6 pin connector.) i originally assumed it was for SLI or something, but wasn't sure and wanted be make sure before i bought it and it didn't work.

Cats869

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014

Oh, that kind of connector cable (link to picture of the item that you were describing). That cable converts two molex power cables and effectively turns it into 1 PCIe 6 pin power cable. They usually bundle those with $100+ dollar graphic cards but I'm wondering why would they bundle that with a GTX 750 Ti? Seems a bit unnecessary but anyway, I doubt you will be needing to use that cable since the card will just work by inserting it into the PCIe x16 lane without the need for any extra power cables.

Those PCIe 6 pin power cables are only needed if your graphics card needs a lot more power from the Power Supply but in your case, it will not.

DJ5240

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

i really appreciate your responses, now i can go get my 750ti without worry haha :D Have a great year and thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS