$1500-$2000 Build for Photoshop, WoW, and image research.

Antijenius

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello,

First time builder here with limited technical knowledge (but that's what YouTube is for). I'd appreciate recommendations on a build for a work and gaming computer. Or the other option is to go with CJ's White Unicorn gaming build from the sticky at the top of this forum.

Approximate Purchase Date: This month, but I can wait if better hardware or cheaper prices come out next month.

Budget Range: After Rebates $1500-2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Photoshop; casual raiding in WoW; heavy internet research, with many tabs open in three different browser windows as I track down different research paths.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse and speakers not required. Currently have two monitors (24" Dell Ultrasharp and 18" eight year old clunker) and would like a recommendation to replace the 18". The price of the monitor need not be reflected in the budget as I would probably add the monitor a few months later.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference.

Country: U.S. A Micro-Center is relatively close, so I can physically go there too.

Parts Preferences: No preference.

Overclocking: Maybe, if it's relatively simple to implement.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, again if it's relatively simple to implement.

Monitor Resolution: At least 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Quiet would be nice.

Thank you.

Solution
Now buddy, with this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sPkdMp ;just below 2000, you won't even have to worry about changing your computer any time soon. In the future, when you REALLY need to, you can get another GTX 780 Ti to run SLI (2 graphics cards), that PSU is more than enough to supply for both. But I gotta admit though, this is pretty overkill considering what you're actually doing with a computer. This build can run the latest games, render at lightning speed, tons of space. Also, like BustaRhymes said, you could wait for the Maxwell GPU to come, which is VERY soon, other wise, you good to go!

yungg

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Now buddy, with this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sPkdMp ;just below 2000, you won't even have to worry about changing your computer any time soon. In the future, when you REALLY need to, you can get another GTX 780 Ti to run SLI (2 graphics cards), that PSU is more than enough to supply for both. But I gotta admit though, this is pretty overkill considering what you're actually doing with a computer. This build can run the latest games, render at lightning speed, tons of space. Also, like BustaRhymes said, you could wait for the Maxwell GPU to come, which is VERY soon, other wise, you good to go!

Solution

Antijenius

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Thanks very much yungg. I may very well wait for the Maxwell GPU, and otherwise use your build (except that I'll look for case with some red or green in it--Chinese superstition).

Edited to add: I'd rather have a computer that I won't have to worry about obsolescing on me too soon and, who knows, my gaming habits may change.