7990 + 7970 issues

Glock95

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys just wanna run this by you and see what u guys think. So i just bought a xfx 7970 DD non ghz edition to supplement my 7990 and im having a weird issue. When i try to overclock the 7970 it will run 3dmark for about 15 seconds than crash... Than everytime i try to run it again it will artifact until i restart. Ive disabled ULPS and have a fresh driver install and i cant seem to get it working. When everythings at stock clocks it runs fine and i see good gains, but even if i overclock the new card 1 mhz it will do the following. If anyone maybe has any thoughts on how to maybe resolve it i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Glock95

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Hmmm well i just retested it now and it just did it not overclocked at all either. I also enabled ULPS to see if that helps and that didnt work and then even tried to set all of the card to the same speeds (the 7970 isnt a ghz edition), so ran them all together at 925/1375 to see if that maybe helped the issue and it still didnt work. Any advice on where to go next would be greatly appreciated