R9 270 With Terrible Frames, Please Help.

WhiteRecluse

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
I just recently finished building this PC at a friend's house. We decided to compare frames in Minecraft (quick download). My frames were actually worse than his, he has a 560 Ti. We decided to check on a benchmarking software, Cinebench, to be precise. My frames were lagging behind his by a few even then, please help? After I got home I benchmarked it again in Cinebench and my frames had actually dwindled even lower! I don't think I will be able to RMA it because I have redeemed my Radeon Rewards games.
AMD FX-6300 6 Core (stock)
GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4
4GB Ram @ 1600
Sapphire R9 270

Solution
In Minecraft specifically, the FX-6300 will lag behind any Intel CPU. Even behind a Pentium G3220. Minecraft is a single-thread game. No doubt you're still getting good performance, but if your friend has any Intel CPU or a higher clocked AMD CPU, that's the source of the difference.
In Minecraft specifically, the FX-6300 will lag behind any Intel CPU. Even behind a Pentium G3220. Minecraft is a single-thread game. No doubt you're still getting good performance, but if your friend has any Intel CPU or a higher clocked AMD CPU, that's the source of the difference.

Solution