R9 290: Low fps in minecraft. Graphics card not using all its power.

nedks1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
I should be getting around 250-300 fps but I am getting around 80.

I have made sure I have no framelimt itv sync options on.

How do I fix this?

Is there anyway I can get java to use more of my gpu?

Edit: It's not bottlenecking of my CPU since I had better fps with my gtx 650 ti. It's my gpu bottlenecking.

For some reason my r9 290 is not going in to high proirity mode while playing minecraft so I am only getting like 80fps. Is there anyway in too getting my card to use more power while playing mincraft.

Also dont say its my cpu. ITS NOT!

If anyone knows how to fix theses problems. I would be extremly greatful. Since I am on the edge of returing just becuase of this.

danco5074

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014

Just so we're clear, you understand that your FPS is limited by the refresh rate of your monitor. If you have a 60Hz monitor, you're not getting higher than 60FPS even though the game is telling you that you have 300.

Anyways, it might be the driver. Have you updated it to the most recent Catalyst r9 200 series driver? Try bench marking in unigine Valley and see if people with similar CPU/GPU set ups matches.

nedks1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

Its for sure not my cpu. I have a i7 2600k. Like I said in the post. I get about 90fps in battlefield 4 ultra. I mean really. I get lower fps in miencraft