hp lj 1320 ip issues

airborne82

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
I reset the printer to factory default but it is not pulling an ip from my network. How can i change it back to manual so i can set a static ip? Help?

Solution
First find the printer's current ip address by holding down green button for about 10 seconds or more so configuration pages print. ip address is listed on third page. Now use a web browser to go to the ip address that was printed e.g. http://192.168.10.15 This will present you with the internal web page of the printer. Go to the networking tab, select MANUAL instead of bootp or dhcp or whatever from the drop down box, then type in new ip address. Select apply or save at bottom of page. If successful you will lose contact with printer and have to enter the new ip address in your web browser to re establish a connection with it. If it all goes wrong you can reset printer to factory defaults by holding in reset button ( at back of...

tallywho

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
First find the printer's current ip address by holding down green button for about 10 seconds or more so configuration pages print. ip address is listed on third page. Now use a web browser to go to the ip address that was printed e.g. http://192.168.10.15 This will present you with the internal web page of the printer. Go to the networking tab, select MANUAL instead of bootp or dhcp or whatever from the drop down box, then type in new ip address. Select apply or save at bottom of page. If successful you will lose contact with printer and have to enter the new ip address in your web browser to re establish a connection with it. If it all goes wrong you can reset printer to factory defaults by holding in reset button ( at back of printer by the Ethernet port ) whilst switching printer on. Keep button held down until all lights stop flashing and only green ready light is on.

Make sure you have the network cable plugged in and the link led is green. If you get 000.000.0.0 try a cold reset:

A cold reset also resets all the HP Jet direct settings as well as the printer settings.
To perform a cold reset
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Press and hold down the GO button.
3. Turn the printer on, and continue to hold the GO button for at least 5 seconds, but not
longer than 15 seconds. During this process, the Attention LED turns on.
4. Release the GO button.
NOTE If both the Attention and the Ready LEDs turn on before you release the GO button, you
must start the procedure again with step 1.
The printer's LEDs begin cycling. The cold-reset process runs until completion, and the
printer returns to the ready state.

Solution