$450 Gaming PC Help!

raysfan98

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Hey everyone,
I am really wanting a gaming PC at about $450 because I am a Teenager and that is the money I have saved for a while! I do not want a next gen console because of the FPS Cap and the lower resolution, as well as the need for PS Plus or Xbox Live. I believe my PC will outperform the new consoles with ease and for roughly the same price. I wanted everyone's input due to my lack of PC Knowledge. Suggestions are welcome, this is my build:
(http://pcpartpicker.com/user/raysfan98/saved/nnLdnQ)
I really just want to play battlefield 4, Day Z, and Arma 3 at good settings 1080P, with 30fps and more!
Thanks!

Solution
ray intel does a tick/toc cycle on there cpu. there tock is new cpu core types there tick is a dye shrink of the cpu. sandy bridge was a tock...the tick was ivy bride.. the next tock was haswell. right now the devil cannon and then broadwell are the tick. you see a little better speed from the newer brodwell cpu. when skylake comes out next year you need a new motherboard for it. intel changing the pin and ram type these mb use. (1151 pins and ddr-4 ram). with haswell and brodwell there great gaming cpu and will be a few years before they have hard time playing games.
if you have a local micro center there a g3258 and msi z97 combo for 99.00 right now. the z97 let you put in a newer cpu latter down the road with just a bios update. they also have bulk toshibia hard drives for 41.00 this month. I would swap out the 430w unit with a evga 600b that 34.00 with rebate right now online. it not the total wattage that you have to watch out for it the wattage on the 12v line. (cpu and gpu). if they pull close to the output of the power supply your using the unit will run hot and it can ripple out or give bad power to a gaming rig and cause issue. buying a unit that slightly larger then your needs will keep this from happing.

raysfan98

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks for the responses,
I guess the price of the HDD just did not show up so factor in another $50. Unfortunately a micro center is not an option as their is not a location nearby, however with the current motherboard will I be able to upgrade to say a core i5 further down the road? I went with the pentium over the AMD FX-6300 not because of power but because of the ability to upgrade in the future. Also do you guys think the pentium will bottleneck the R9 270? I wanted good gaming performance so it was this or the Asus GTX 750ti, which do you guys think would be better? Sorry for all the questions :) !
Thanks

if you can get a h97 mb. it let you drop in a brodwell cpu when your ready to upgrade. the g cpu should not hold the system back it a fast cpu. if you can wait a few weeks and use just the onboard video for now and wait for black friday/cyber monday. nvidia and amd may be dropping newer gpu soon. if they do the price of the older cards will drop in your favor.

raysfan98

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Smorizio,
so the Broadwell chips are going to be the new CPU types? I was also just getting preliminary pricing on this build because I was going to wait until black Friday and cyber Monday to get the very best deals possible.

ray intel does a tick/toc cycle on there cpu. there tock is new cpu core types there tick is a dye shrink of the cpu. sandy bridge was a tock...the tick was ivy bride.. the next tock was haswell. right now the devil cannon and then broadwell are the tick. you see a little better speed from the newer brodwell cpu. when skylake comes out next year you need a new motherboard for it. intel changing the pin and ram type these mb use. (1151 pins and ddr-4 ram). with haswell and brodwell there great gaming cpu and will be a few years before they have hard time playing games.

Solution