£700 gaming build my head is burnt out

gap30

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
Hi all first time poster, my son has been begging me to get him a decent pc as he likes dayz, arma, bf4 etc

So i have decided to build him a pc for christmas, i have around a £700 budget but i could just as easy spend £1000 i just dont want it to be over the top

Anyway i have looked at a lot of builds recently and there is some fantastic people on this site with brilliant information

Can anyone put me together a killer £700 gaming system, it does not need wifi as we have homeplugs, it does not need a monitor as i have a 22 inch 1080p tv he can connect up to, it needs a cheap mouse/keyboard

I would like to have a go at overclocking maybe at some point as i would say i am above average in terms of pc knowledge although this is my first ever build

This is a build i put together: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wCXMXL

Feel free to suggest otherwise

I will build whatever the best recommendation is on here, thank you

Solution
That is a good build. The cpu is one of the best you can get for gaming (you don't need an i7 for gaming). The graphics card is anot her high end one and it has amd mantle which give extra performance with bf4. XFX arent as well respected as some others like EVGA but for a budget build it should work. You don't need a k version cpu if you aren't ocing it and you could do with a caviar blue hard drive rather than a caviar black, it will save you a few pounds. Hope that helps

jty0yt

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
That is a good build. The cpu is one of the best you can get for gaming (you don't need an i7 for gaming). The graphics card is anot her high end one and it has amd mantle which give extra performance with bf4. XFX arent as well respected as some others like EVGA but for a budget build it should work. You don't need a k version cpu if you aren't ocing it and you could do with a caviar blue hard drive rather than a caviar black, it will save you a few pounds. Hope that helps

Solution

TomSkini

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
XFX are considered to be produce better PSUs than EVGA I believe, I don't know where you got that from. This build is fine as it is, in fact it's a really solid and well thought-out system. I wouldn't change anything.

gap30

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014

Thanks mate, i plan to install a ssd also but would you do this now or later?