FX-8350 oc weird voltages

bundy1142

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Hiya guys :).
Im having a weird issue with my FX-8350 on my 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0.
I seems that no matter the LLC i choose the voltages are all over the place.
I was wondering if anyone has some insight on this or has seen this issue.
Ok current settings are as follows:
frequency: 4724 MHz @ 1.4650 V
LLC is set to medium and all power saving features and core boost features are off.
if you need anymore info please ask.
thanks guys :)
Here is a screen shot. the info in the red circle is what is concerning me.

https://imageshack.com/i/exBgVgBfj

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I can't really help you other than to suggest that it might be a fluke because it is so out of range. Software voltage readings are sometimes suspect from my experience.

But I hope you don't mind me asking you what settings you used to get that OC. I have that same processor, same board, same revision. I'm using AMD Overdrive to work up my overclock and then making changes manually in BIOS. I can barely get above Turbo speed w/o failing the AOD stability test, Prime95, and Intel Burn test. I can't pass any of them with the meekest of increases in multiplier and any increases in CPU VID. I even exchanged the processor thinking I had a bad one. Same thing with the new CPU. Thanks.

Seems like you just got lower binned chips, it happens unfortunately. LLC will adjust your voltages, so them changing is not an issue. The number in the red circle is definitely not correct, if it were your computer wouldn't turn on.

bundy1142

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
ok cheers guys thats good to hear .
1405 i did my OC manually i have llc on medium and all power saving settings turned off even the turbo and my multiplier is 23.5 x 201 MHz with 1.4650 v. but just be aware this is for my chip so it may not be exactly these settings for you.
hope i help some