I5 4690 non k with crossfire r9 290 oc tri x will it bottleneck?

RashidSalem

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014
Here's my specs
Processor: i5 4690 non K
Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ Kingston hyperx fury
SSD: 120GB Kingston hyperx
HDD: WD 1TB Black
Motherboard: I need your choice with that
PSU: I need your choice with that too
Case: NZXT H440

Will the i5 4690 bottleneck my crossfired r9 290 oc tri x?

Please tell me motherboards for best price that's crossfire friendly and intel processor compatible.
I need a 1000w PSU too.

Solution
No not a chance of bottleneck there. That CPU is good enough for even dual 295X2s'.

Also, what budget are you in for the MoBo and PSU?

Likewise, I'd get ASROCK Z97 EXTREME series MoBo or ASUS Z97-A. MSI and GB Gaming series are good choices too. Depends on your budget, all are CF friendly.

PSU: I'd get EVGA 1kW G2 w/o doubts here, excellent quality and great value/money.
No not a chance of bottleneck there. That CPU is good enough for even dual 295X2s'.

Also, what budget are you in for the MoBo and PSU?

Likewise, I'd get ASROCK Z97 EXTREME series MoBo or ASUS Z97-A. MSI and GB Gaming series are good choices too. Depends on your budget, all are CF friendly.

PSU: I'd get EVGA 1kW G2 w/o doubts here, excellent quality and great value/money.

Solution

Thaisnang

Honorable

RashidSalem

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014
You guys have listed everything I wanted, thanks. And, the parts price are at my budget limit plus Thaisnang is the recommend PSU is enough for 2 R9 290's? And, is the Asus Z97-A a good choice? I can see that's a good choice for the money, would it last long, like a good quality? And as I can see it does support SLI and Crossfire luckily. Thanks guys, I really appreciated it, now I can spend my money on something that's good and doesn't cost a lot, thanks once again.

RashidSalem

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014

One more question if you don't mind, what is (UEFI)? Cause on the box of my GPU it says that plus at sapphire's website too? If you have UEFI or whatever is that does it affect motherboard choice like the Asus z97-a? Or the power supply or anything? I am pretty confused.

RashidSalem

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014
So, I've put my R9 290 OC TRI X for sell at the nearby store that I bought from, anyways. I think that's one r9 290 will be enough for me, I am looking for gaming with friends and that's pretty much it but, you guys have enlighten me with your knowledge and it's pretty much appreciated. Could you please tell me what's the advantages of crossfire and when to get crossfire and when to not? Is one R9 290 OC TRI X enough for intensive gaming? Just tell me what you know.

RashidSalem

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014

So, how many years will it hold? I feel satisfied now, thanks :D

Thaisnang

Honorable

r9 290 would run most games on ultra coming in the next couple of years. Ofcourse there would be some exceptions.