fx 6300 vs i5 3570k

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
hi folks, first post so thanks in advance for the welcome. Heres my situation:
build a budget gaming rig over a month ago but not that satisfied with games like metro LL, crisis 3 but games like bf4 its well optimise and fps are smooth range 45 to 70 fps.

Someone wants to trade in his i5 3570k w/o warranty to my fx 6300 with warranty. The question is will the swap be noticeable in games and overall performance?
I know my gpu is mid level card but will the swap make noticeable difference in games?

my rig:
fx 6300 oc to 4.3
CM 212x
sapphire dual x r7 265
8 gb hyper fury

You need a more powerfull video card to get the desired results you seek. A GTX 770 or r9 280x should do nicely. They are very close to each other in performance, but the r9 280x usually retails about $50 cheaper.

You are allready overclocked on your CPU, so it is definitly the video card holding you back. Hope this helps. :)

PS: The question I would be asking is why he wants to trade for an inferior CPU. It is very well known that the i5 is better. Something just don't seem right there at all....

The bottleneck is your GPU much more than your CPU.

I've maxed Crysis 3 with everything on ULTRA and AA on 2x SMAA (* Tom's recommended sweet spot for performance and appearance) on an old Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0GHz and 2 x HD 7950 in crossfire. 40-60+ FPS @ 1080p. Both GPUs were 95-100% and all 6 CPU cores were 90-95%. Another build using an FX 6300 @ 4.2-4.4GHz performed similarly.

Also, I would NEVER buy a used CPU from ANYONE with 'no warranty'.

Most people are reporting good frames in BF4 on High-to-Ultra with an FX 6300 + R9 270x / R9 280. So again...the problem is your GPU more than anything.

I already said it, but your CPU isn't what is holding you back, it's your video card. In some cases you will see a slight improvement, and in most others you will see no difference at all until you get a better video card. I'm surprised no one else pointed this out to you....

PS: There is something not right about all this. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

hey bro, thanks for the concern. He got back to me and mentioned theres still warranty for his i5.
Maybe like me. Before i build this rig i researched pros and cons. Knowing i5 is better, i still choose fx 6300 coz of the good reviews

You better make sure you get all receipts for the motherboard and cpu. I got a feeling you will sending in for an RMA pretty soon, lol. No one in there right mind would make that trade unless there is something wrong. That or they are incredibly stupid....

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

like what i said i know for a fact that my gpu isn't the fastest one out there and i don't plan to sell or trade it. My question was clear. Will the swap make noticeable difference?

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

thanks for the advice