$1000 gaming pc help

Blazefireheart

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
Hello, right now I have a gaming pc that has a i5-4570 and a Gtx 760 Superclocked 2GB with 8GB of RAM. It is amazing for the time I have been using it. However I have a feeling it won't last too long with all these new and more heavier graphic intensive games coming out. In January I will be building a new rig (I'm giving my old one to my friend that wants to try out pc gaming). I would like anyone who sees this who knows A LOT about pc specs to help me pick out the best parts for my new rig. I would like a rig that would play intensive games on high or ultra settings with at least 50 FPS. Games like AC: Unity, The Division, etc. Also I prefer intel processors so if the rig can have one that would be great. The build can go a bit over $1000 since I have a bit of extra money left. I'm counting on you guys!

Solution

Akhil Potukuchi

Honorable
May 28, 2014

Well, I would advise you to be patient. Wait till Broadwell releases. And by next week you will have the next gen 900 series nvidia gpus. And I estimate that the next gen r9's (370x,380x etc) will release in another 1-3 months. And as of now we know nothing of improvements in broadwell. And AMD just might surprise us by that time by launching a steamroller based fx. There are a lot of possibilities. Your current build will last you atleast 3 more years running games on high and 1 more on medium before it dies out. Though if you are set on the upgrade, wait for the broadwell to release and the early crazy prices to settle and only then make the purchase. I suggest not upgrading for atleast another year or two. Because you won't get any big performance upgrades by using a 1000 $ pc. It would more or less be almost equal to your current pc.

Solution