HD 7970 Computer on, fans run, no picture

Bill Wehadababyitsaboy

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2014

Sorry, I was a bit frustrated last night and on a mobile device asking the question; let me sum it up a bit better:

Original Specs:

Motherboard: HP- Angelica M3970BM
CPU: AMD FX-6120 @ 3.5Ghz
RAM: 10GB DDR3
GPU: ATI AMD Radeon HD 7450
PSU: Lightning 1000W

I am currently trying to upgrade my GPU with a "GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7970 WF3"......

I uninstalled all my previous drivers (even though they were AMD regardless I did it anyway) and had everything ready to go with the new drivers from disc and any updates from Gigabyte's website. I would hope to think I installed everything correctly; GPU is replacing 7450 in PCI-Ex16 slot on the motherboard (M3970BM) and correctly powered by 1000w Lightning using a 6-pin and 8-pin connection setup. Everything looks good, but when I turn on my computer everything seems to run except I am getting absolutely no picture on my monitor using both DVI-I and HDMI connection. The fans on the GPU are running, but nothing is showing up on screen. I've tried many different setups and still nothing.

I got this GPU through Amazon and replied to the seller and they told me they tested it before shipping and everything was working good; they tested through DVI-I connection and I've tried both with no avail.

Hope I've given enough info for any help; it would be really appreciative its just frustrating messing with this thing.