From FX 8320 to i5 4590, How big of a leap?

Its not much of an upgrade. You would probably not even notice the difference.

Not cost effective at all.

Instead get a better graphics card or just add an SSD, usually is a more immediate improvement. Assuming you already have 8GB of RAM.

But if you provide more info we can provide a lot more insight.

arenaszero

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I'm choosing between these two cpu's and the price difference in our country is just huge, around 45$ approx. I'm just wondering if it isn't that much of a leap, i would rather spend the save money getting other components. But if I would benefit a lot from the i5, I would get it and save for other stuff later on.

arenaszero

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I came from a very weak apu system now I'm upgrading to a better one, and i wanted it to blow me away :D
I'm pairing it up with a 990fx-ud3 motherboard from gigabyte, i think it's pretty cheap for a 990fx, but still looks decent.
If I'm choosing i5, I maybe pairing it up with a asus h97m plus motherboard that will surely raid my wallet.
So yeah maybe I'm going to the amd side.

arenaszero

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I haven't planned on what GPU to get yet, but my allocation for the GPU is no more than 200$.
I don't really play most of the latest games, I play a LOT of indie games, online games.
If I decided to play the latest games, I wouldn't really mind stepping the settings down.

arenaszero

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I guess I'd stick with the 8320, I'll just save for the ssd later om, I honestly did not expect it and did not plan for it. Thanks man.

As for online gaming, would the multi-threads of amd help?