The new 980 over 780 ti?

AsadBabil

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
I just bought the 780 ti like a week ago now the 980 is out and I feel like an chump. now I have the option to keep it or return it and get the 980. my question is if two video cards perform at the same level (well, almost), one of them is 3GB the other is 4GB (I have a feeling you guys know what am talking about lol) would you choose the 3 or 4 GB card. if possible explain.

*Keep aside the fact 780ti is discontinued.

Solution
The 980 is a no brainer. Performs better, more VRAM, has lots of nvidia extras the 780 ti to doesn't have, and it's cheaper. Also uses less power and can oc better (from what I've heard at least).

Only reason to go with ti is if you want to pick up a second for probably (slightly) cheaper in the future, but I would still go 980 as the price difference would be small

epicninja

Honorable
Aug 17, 2014
The 980 is a no brainer. Performs better, more VRAM, has lots of nvidia extras the 780 ti to doesn't have, and it's cheaper. Also uses less power and can oc better (from what I've heard at least).

Only reason to go with ti is if you want to pick up a second for probably (slightly) cheaper in the future, but I would still go 980 as the price difference would be small

Solution