£850 budget gaming set up, what would you do?

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
If you could spend £850 on a gaming set up
( gaming pc, as well as a monitor and OS)
what would you spend it on?
you DONT need to include keyboard and mouse.

Intel or AMD

Solution
No specific reasons for both, Win8 is newer so many people like it, I don't. Feel free to swap that. Same with monitor, the one you mentioned is a great value for money too, feel free to swap it as well.

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Very good choice my friend.
If that set up was mine, I'd drop the SSD (I'm not that big of a fan of them) and upgrade the GPU to a gtx 770 and maybe up the mobo, but this set up you have made is certainly very good.

Some reasons to consider keeping the SSD:

It'll significantly increase boot and loading times, and I really won't make a good budgeted build without a SSD today.

770 would not be an upgrade, its at par with 280X, besides being a gen older now, as the 900 series has arrived. If you want something better than 280X, consider 970. 770 is no doubt good but 2GB VRAM is a deal breaker IMO considering more and more games are putting heavier textures on GPU thus requiring more VRAM.

Also,

The MoBo is good for the price, but you consider the excellent GA-970A-UD3P there, 8+2 is excellent for FX 8, better than the one currently in build.

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Few questions: why did you pick windows 8 over windows 7?
and why did you choose ur monitor, I was looking at the Asus VE247H 23.6"

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Would I not be better having a 1tb HDD and an SSD?

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Yeah, how you like this one? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rTgm23

I changed the case (might change back) but it wont fit a hyper evo 212 ._.
I really like the case I've picked because it looks beast and beast of the two fans at the front, so I'm not sure whether to pick another case or go with another cpu cooler that will fit

CameronRock98

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Ignore the last reply, this is what I'm going for http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/L3JHpg
I'm not getting the SSD right away, but I'll get it when I can afford to, as cooling is more important than speed right now.
I will probably get the SSD when I have the money and I will transfer the OS and my games from the HHD onto the SSD, I can do that right?