9500 GT DDR2 overclocking is it safe with these non overclocked temps?

FatheredPuma81

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
So when idle my 9500 GT DDR2 gets about 50-55 C and when gaming i've seen a max of 70C (I've drive MSI Kombuster and it didn't move past 63 C so yea downloading unigine heaven to try and get it to go higher) when under load.

Are those safe temps to start overclocking it or should I just not.

FatheredPuma81

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

I did that when I put the thing in my computer. Also yes I do realize that. I got the thing for free. I cannot just make money apear in my hand or time travel to the point when i'm getting a graphics card (which will be in a couple months or so).

I got it I about 3 days ago and installed it 2 days ago. It was sitting in my friends broken computer (I think broke around 2011) so he gave it to me.

Also Unigine Heaven DX11 maxed out at 70 C.

And another also/question. MSI Afterburner says that my fan speed is 50% all the time even when under 99% load and 70C.

FatheredPuma81

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

Hey can you by chance answer this question? What do artifacts look like and how do they work? Do they just sit there on a 3d item even if you look away and stuff like permanantly? Or do they just apear randomly on the screen for a split second?
I currently have it overclocked to 650 core clock and 440 memory clock and am worried i'm seeing artifacts but I feel i'm just seeing thing just randomly apear when I look away out of the corner of my eye.

FatheredPuma81

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

Oh.. sorry if im buggin you a lot but for some reason many games on start up are closing (even before the overclock) mainly at start. Skyrim just closed after about a minute of being opened and tf2/l4d2 randomly close on start up. Should i be worried aobut this? They never did this before.