How well will the sub $600 gaming pc preform

ZeusGamer

Admirable
WIth a $600 gaming computer, you wouldn't be able to max out every game on 1080p. My $2000 PC couldn't even max out Witcher 2 on 1080p.

With that budget, your best settings would be medium - high on most of the games.

the i3 not a bad entry level cpu for the money. on your rig for safty put in a 600w evga power supply or a larger unit. when gaming your stressing the 12v leg of the power supply. you want to have some over head and not be near the max amp rating all the time on a power supply.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

Non-taken. I can max out all the games I have. Doesn't mean I'll be able to max out everything.

Even computers that cost more than mine won't be able to max out EVERY game. Are you gonna call them stupid too?

I'm just saying, you won't be maxing out all the games.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
You will really be a lot happier if you get an I5 in that. Even it it means you need to wait another 2 weeks to save for it, you won't regret it. Not only will you see an increase in gaming performance (especially heavy CPU titles like BF4) but your overall system will feel a lot more responsive.

I'd say the max you need is 600w bronze rated for your PSU - i think i have a 550w in mine and running a very similar setup and not had any issues.

The Toxic version of the same card (sapphire) only recommends 500w so you might actually be able to get away with it.
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=2038&lid=1#

Edit: performance wise i'm running every game i have on full graphics with a similar setup but gen 3 I5 in there. This includes archeage, skyrim, BF4, WoW & LoL. Im sure there aresome i can't but not played them yet.

Bhavneet Pannu

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014

Core i7 4770K @ 4.55 | Corsair H100i | MSI Z97M Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 2.4 Ghz | Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD | Western Digittal Black Drive 1TB | Asus R9 280x DirectCU CF @ 1.2 Ghz | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Really you couldn't max it out.. I Don't own the game but my computer was a bit less than $2 000 without my liquid cooling

ZeusGamer

Admirable

I don't know if you've played Witcher 2 with Ultra settings. But my computer would start to cripple and would just start to lose a ton of FPS. Ubersampling takes a lot of graphic horsepower. Crysis 3 does the same too.

Icaraeus

Honorable

For close to $2000 you could have bought a much better GPU than the 280X. My PC cost me $1200 in Australia where parts cost quite a bit and if I spent $100 more I could have gotten a 280X for $700 less than $2000.

ZeusGamer

Admirable

Add another 280x because I've got two.

This is my complete build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/cNccCJ