Solved

SLI 2x GTX 760s Power?

Hello, I'm considering to SLI 2 Asus GTS 760s together but pretty sure I don't have enough power. What PSU would you recommend for SLI 2x760s? Friend did say it would be fine but what do you guys think?

PC Specs: FX 6350 OC to 4.1Ghz Stable, 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz, (2x) Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II, Asrock 970 Extreme4 Mobo, 1TB 7200RPM, 120GB Samsung 840 SSD, Corsair 550M 80+ Gold PSU, NZXT 210 Elite White Case


Thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sli gtx 760s power
  1. You need a good 700W psu, a 550w cannot run two 760s your friend is wrong about this.
  2. Best answer
    A system with two gtx 760 draws around 500W, take a lookt at this:



    A good 550W maybe can run them, but its not a good idea to push a psu that far, get a least a 650W psu like this:
    http://legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2224/power-consumption.jpg
  3. mlga91 said:
    A system with two gtx 760 draws around 500W, take a lookt at this:



    A good 550W maybe can run them, but its not a good idea to push a psu that far, get a least a 650W psu like this:
    http://legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2224/power-consumption.jpg


    No dude that's only for the gpus, don't forget about the cpu, motherboard, rams, hdds, fans and other accessories.
  4. iAboodz said:
    mlga91 said:
    A system with two gtx 760 draws around 500W, take a lookt at this:



    A good 550W maybe can run them, but its not a good idea to push a psu that far, get a least a 650W psu like this:
    http://legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2224/power-consumption.jpg


    No dude that's only for the gpus, don't forget about the cpu, motherboard, rams, hdds, fans and other accessories.


    Thats the total system consumption.
  5. Which ever it is you definitely don't want to running a performance rig anywhere near to the capacity of its PSU! I would suggest a 650 at the least or a 750 for peace of mind.
  6. mlga91 said:
    iAboodz said:
    mlga91 said:
    A system with two gtx 760 draws around 500W, take a lookt at this:



    A good 550W maybe can run them, but its not a good idea to push a psu that far, get a least a 650W psu like this:
    http://legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2224/power-consumption.jpg


    No dude that's only for the gpus, don't forget about the cpu, motherboard, rams, hdds, fans and other accessories.


    Thats the total system consumption.


    I promise you , you absolutely CANNOT run two 760s on a 550W psu.
    ONE 760 requires at least a very good 500W with 30A to run and people still recommends 550W for ONE.
  7. Okay, thanks everyone for the advice. Would this PSU suffice? http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=110-B1-0750-VR

    I can grab one for 50 bucks so its not very expensive.
  8. My spidey senses tingly at the thought of such a low price in the same sentence as a PSU. However its a decent brand and the right wattage. I've had not experience with the specific model though.
  9. The gtx 760 sli requires to have a 50 amps on the total of 12v continues current. That power supply has 61 so you are safe. But i would recommend you get the Evga 750 G2 it's 40$ more but it's really high quality and a Gold certified psu. Also being used in sli setups and working perfectly

    Thats it (129.99$):
    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-G2-0750-XR

    Or this (119.99$):
    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=120-G1-0750-XR
    Still gold and will do you the best job.
Ask a new question

Read More

SLI Power psu Power supplies