I have 100/100 internet speed but my upload is only 65-ish on speedtest?

G

I recently purchased a 100/100 connection ,but like the title says,my upload is only 65 and my download 94(i can expect that but not that much for upload to drop down),can this be for the cable or my ISP is not playing their game right ? (I have a CAT5 cable)

NBSN

Admirable
Well, it could be anything causing the issue...the cable, programs, router, or service provider. More than likely it is the ISP...they don't guarantee 100/100...just say that speeds up to 100/100. If you are having issues constantly with it not being close to those numbers, then contact the ISP so that they can check their system is not set to mess up your speeds. I have had issues with my ISP messing up my speeds when I first upgraded to faster speeds, and it took someone a day to sort out that someone else had messed up our connection profile when they were switching us.

If you are just using speed tests to confirm this then it is the tests that are most likely wrong. I have a client that is 100/100 also and was all mad that the speed tests listed 90somthing and like you said 60something. 2 ways you can confirm you are getting the speed or not. Use a speedtest provided by the company that put in your internet. 2nd try uploading something somewhere if you get between 10 MB and say 14 MB you are in 100mb range. I have found speed tests to be less than accurate over the 50 mb speeds. Also if this is fiber look into the port settings on the firewall to see if the uplink is 100 full or half duplex ideally you want 1000 full but sometimes it will be locked at 100 full or half. Just something to look into.

Thent

G

On my router settings it says 100 up,full duplex. My isp only has download speed test and those files haring websites have very bad upload limits etc so i dont really know how to test it out with something...(yes this is fiber)

bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I mean you could truly test this by setting up server outside your own and sending that way. But again that would vary on both connections but atleast you can control it to get a true test. Hopefuly someone with your connection or better!!!!! Also, could there be any other computers on the network using bandwidth?

USAFRet

Titan

Your plan from the ISP is 100/100?
You're testing at Speedtest.net?
You're wired into the router?

G

Yes.

G

No,its just the one computer.