2014 Black Friday

Solution
Here's the thing that I have learned about Black Friday. If you're looking to save serious money on a rig - it ain't gonna happen. And here's why - the high end, big ticket items like Intel i5 CPUs, graphics cards, and motherboards very rarely see any big discounts, unless Newegg or Micro Center are offering some crazy early AM combo deals. What will get discounts are things like cases and power supplies, but often of the generic no name variety. If you're looking to score something like an NZXT H440, if it's a high volume item at the time, you won't be receiving that great of a discount.

Although if that's the build you're thinking of going with - Apevia cases are complete junk, and you don't want to pair a locked motherboard with an...
I can't tell you how much you'd save. You might save some. it depends. What puzzles me more is why you'd pair a brand-new overclockable Top-tier Intel CPU with a cruddy - many-generations old non-overclockable motherboard? NAd then power it with a third-tier power supply?

You have an SSD, so the only reason to get a HDD is for more storage. That would make the WD Black an expensive option, You can probably get a 1TB drive for the same price.

I'd never build such a hodge-podge machine. 4GB video cards are to drive high-resolution monitors or to facilitate compute-intensive CUDA work. For ordinary gaming on 1080o or thereabouts, a higher performing GPU with less DDR will yield better results.

Seriously, you're better off asking for advice on your components than worrying if you can save money in 2 month's time.

g-unit1111

Titan
Here's the thing that I have learned about Black Friday. If you're looking to save serious money on a rig - it ain't gonna happen. And here's why - the high end, big ticket items like Intel i5 CPUs, graphics cards, and motherboards very rarely see any big discounts, unless Newegg or Micro Center are offering some crazy early AM combo deals. What will get discounts are things like cases and power supplies, but often of the generic no name variety. If you're looking to score something like an NZXT H440, if it's a high volume item at the time, you won't be receiving that great of a discount.

Although if that's the build you're thinking of going with - Apevia cases are complete junk, and you don't want to pair a locked motherboard with an unlocked CPU. This will be a far better use of $1K IMO:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($128.79 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($85.59 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($284.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($12.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1008.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-30 13:25 EDT-0400

Solution