Is the 840 pro noticeably faster?

ghostarcher12

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I'm looking to buy a new ssd. I've narrowed my search down to either the 840 pro or the crucial mx100. For the 512gb model, is the speed difference noticeably faster? Is it worth the extra money for that speed difference?

Solution
Unless your transferring large files all the time and you stare at the progress bar I doubt you will notice the difference. You could probably measure the load time of games and you will see the 840 pro is faster but it probably wouldn't be less than a second difference.

I would get the mx100 and save some money, unless you need the faster speed for a particular reason you will be fine without the pro version.
Unless your transferring large files all the time and you stare at the progress bar I doubt you will notice the difference. You could probably measure the load time of games and you will see the 840 pro is faster but it probably wouldn't be less than a second difference.

I would get the mx100 and save some money, unless you need the faster speed for a particular reason you will be fine without the pro version.

Solution