$3000 Gaming PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefinch27

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
My friend wants to get himself a new gaming computer, and he doesn't know anything about computers so he sent me to go and do this and I don't know anything about $3000 components but he wants to spend $3000 just on the tower not including peripherals. So if any of you guys know about $3000 high end components any help is appreciated.

Pokefinch27

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

I don't think he really needs the computer, but he's stubborn and I guess he wants something to show off with. So whatever you think would get the best performance would be nice :)

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
if he just wants to show off, configure an alienware with the lowest graphics and spend the extra money on an upgrade to the graphics from newegg or something, and get something good. preferably a sli or crossfire mb. i don't care what anybody says, just cause you can modify a civic to be faster then a lamborghini, doesn't mean you should do it. i'd take the lamborghini anyday. even if it is slower. so ask your friend if he really wants to show off. this is coming from a person that did both, custom and pre built, and let me tell you, it's WAY less of a headache with the pre built. i don't care what anybody says. in the end, you skimp out on price, that's what you get. again, just because you can soup of a civic to be faster then a lamborghini, doesn't mean you should do it... plus alienware cases are beautiful, can't get them anywhere.

if that's not the case, dell has online coupons that can knock off the price of a system by the hundreds, and you can invest in something with the extra money. from experience, you never know if the part is going to work with custom, but with a pre built, it's pretty much guaranteed to work. plus they use quality parts from what i seen. again, you get what you pay for. makes me laugh at all the people that say "oh, you can build a computer that's way better then a pre built!!! why would you do that?" yeah... i know, i can modify a civic too, to be faster then a lamborghini, but doesn't mean anything... LOL!

i got a dell workstation, dual xeon rig that didn't need any upgrading for as long as i can remember. 1,000 dollar knock off instantly too, just gotta wait for the dell deals, it's really killer. and if i'm not mistaken, it might be cheaper to go this route too... just gotta know what to do.

edit: forgot to edit that it was a dell workstation that i got. lol.

for the money look at the new 980 cards and sli them. i would then use a 1150 i7 and 16g of ram (1866 speed.). main drive 512 ssd and one or two 4 gig 7200 rpm data drives. I would then use an after market asus sound card and a nice set of speakers and head phones. then buy 3 good monitors for surround gaming. on the build I also put in one blue ray burner so he can watch blue ray movies on his rig. look at the rv01 case from sliverstone and led fans and or nxzt led strips.

g-unit1111

Titan

Why? Alienware PCs are just glorified Dell boxes - they still have the same watered down hardware, bloatware filled operating systems, and obscenely high markups. You can build your own for $3K and get something far better than anything made by Dell. Most of the posters I've seen here who buy Alienware almost immediately have buyer's remorse.

Do something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($384.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($122.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($395.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($370.87 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($196.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($549.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($549.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($184.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($96.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $3027.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-01 00:49 EDT-0400

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
that's actually incorrect in stating that they are glorified dell boxes. you are forgetting they used to be their own company, it was just bought out from dell. and no, it's not really watered down parts, they use name brand parts like asus in their builds. i have three dells, and never really had a problem with them with regular maintenance check, like checking your car after a while.

and as i said so what you can build a civic that's better then a lamborghini, hell it's even more reliable then lamborghini too, but that doesn't mean it's a good car. i seen a guy that had buyer's remorse from his lamborghini on youtube, but that's how it is for the best. trust me, i had more bad parts from the manufacturer custom parts and fried parts from handling then i'd like to recall. with my dell workstation, zero problems when i used it. other dell systems, worked like a charm. now if you said hp or compaq... then that'd be a different story, yes, they use junk parts. i even had one of those hp and compaq computers, never again will i buy hp or compaq.

there's a very good reason why dell is the biggest computer company in sales even today. that goes over companies like newegg, tigerdirect, and so on. that's just how it is. if he's going to be spending that much money, i wouldn't get anything less then alienware. it's simply said to be the number one prebuilt enthusiast company to date. everybody knows that.
that's a fact.
also, did you skip the fact i said there was dell coupons? my friend got 775 dollar knock off from a dell desktop back in the day, but never bought the dell. not sure if they still have them, but i'm sure they do. i'm telling you, if you know how to find these coupons, you might be looking at a cheaper system. with a custom build, it's like souping up a civic to the maximum and dumping way more money then you can imagine into a car. end up spending more then you think.

the only beef i have is that they charge a premium for graphics cards usually. better to try and price it out to see which is better. a graphics card is a drop in replacement. it's like flling up gas in a car. eventually your going to have to learn to do it.

like i said, they have thousand dollar knock offs for their workstations, but i do know one thing. dell sells more computers then newegg ever will. think about it, it's for a reason. these people on tomshardware seem like the losers in their custom car garage never really finishing the car, as with computers, their builds.

also, i remember my friend telling me he priced out a custom computer compared to the online dell coupon, it was cheaper to go dell. but he went custom cause he wanted a specific case, ended up regretting it and he told me so.

again, i can price a civic out way better then a lamborghini, but that means absolutely nothing in the real world, plus he said he wanted to show off, that's why i posted.

and lastly, again, custom build sites will NEVER sell as many computers as dell. absolutely not... in fact, dell makes companies like newegg, tigerdirect and amazon look like macintosh compared in sales. there's a reason why dell sells so many computers.

and since alienware is owned by dell, yes they have coupons online. just enter the code and wallah, price marked down. although most people don't know that. kind of like finding a good deal at a car dealership for a lamborghini.

although, too rich for my blood, alienware, i'd say it's the best, simply put.

like i said, i got 1,000 dollars off a dell dual xeon and was impressed, although i HAD to wait for it to drop it was well worth the wait.

and if he wants, he can look for the coupons himself, i'm not here to search that for him, i was just suggesting.

so if you can kindly as to tell me why dell sells so many computers, i'd be glad to listen, other then, you were stating something that is false, simply and logically put.

oh, and as far as bloatware, i don't see anyone complaining about virus protection that many people install. or the fact that the new windows, vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 is actually bloatware by itself. eating up so much resources for no reason, no where near as fast as xp. and bloatware? that's hp and compaq... i don't know about you, but i never had bloatware in my dells.

and recently i had to return a simple case for my custom build, guess what? it was already broken when i got it, won't get that with dell, never have... had to pay back shipping cause i didn't want it. yeah... good customer service. dell makes more money then you can imagine, nuff said.

g-unit1111

Titan
there's a very good reason why dell is the biggest computer company in sales even today. that goes over companies like newegg, tigerdirect, and so on. that's just how it is. if he's going to be spending that much money, i wouldn't get anything less then alienware. it's simply said to be the number one prebuilt enthusiast company to date. everybody knows that.
that's a fact.

Do you work for Alienware? Seriously I've only ever heard that sentiment in marketing advertisements. I do have a Dell tablet that runs Windows 8 and it's great, but there's no way I would recommend a Dell over a boutique vendor or going the do-it-yourself route.

also, did you skip the fact i said there was dell coupons? my friend got 775 dollar knock off from a dell desktop back in the day, but never bought the dell. not sure if they still have them, but i'm sure they do. i'm telling you, if you know how to find these coupons, you might be looking at a cheaper system. with a custom build, it's like souping up a civic to the maximum and dumping way more money then you can imagine into a car. end up spending more then you think.

That doesn't really matter, you can discount the systems all you want, I still would never buy an Alienware rig over doing it yourself or buying from a boutique vendor.

and as i said so what you can build a civic that's better then a lamborghini, hell it's even more reliable then lamborghini too, but that doesn't mean it's a good car. i seen a guy that had buyer's remorse from his lamborghini on youtube, but that's how it is for the best. trust me, i had more bad parts from the manufacturer custom parts and fried parts from handling then i'd like to recall. with my dell workstation, zero problems when i used it. other dell systems, worked like a charm. now if you said hp or compaq... then that'd be a different story, yes, they use junk parts. i even had one of those hp and compaq computers, never again will i buy hp or compaq.

You're seriously comparing a DIY rig with dual GTX 980s to a Civic? And saying that Alienware is a Lamborghini? Wow.

Really if you had the money would you take a Dell over this:

maingear-x99-chipset-screen.jpg

Or this:

Digital_Storm_Aventum_II_X99_banner.jpg

Those are the real Lamborghinis (complete with the price tag at that), the Dell/Alienwares are probably more in the line of a Lincoln / Lexus - you pay for the brand name and the service.

sparestuff

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
Alienware computers can't even compare to custom building, as you can get much better parts for your budget and you pick what goes in your computer. I would just go with the build by g-unit, it's a very solid build.

Lutfij

Titan
Pokefinch27,
Its a little weird at first when you think about building a 3K system when all you did was building anything below 1K. To be honest building a system doesn't change unless you're working on different platforms say, rack mount servers.

I hope you don't mind my intervention but you've two critical factors.
1| Please follow this thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice
and update your consecutive posts to include any and/or all vital information that should help guide us to a proper system
2| Although it pertains to the above thread, you didn't mention the specific need and placement of the rig. An office workhorse machine would automatically require you to have a somewhat sleek/stylish chassis and if it were in a productive environment, then it'd need to get the job done fast as everyone in the west say: "Time is Money" while Downtime is also money

:)

Edit your initial post or through a followup with respect to this thread or perhaps start a new thread with all the necessary details since apparently this one has responses in the wrong forum section.

In a nutshell, if you could build and design your own engine block, why would you buy it from someone else? Unless you're handicapped - e.g: financially, time wise, priority wise or simple because laziness kicked in.

So please get back to us and if you do start a new thread, please link it here so prospective users are directed to help you out.

G,
I'd really be interested in going small for this one since alot of punch can be packed into a small chassis...well provided OP and his mate doesn't require a Hexacore+ chip and is only looking towards intermediate gaming instead of hardcore mutlimonitor 3D gaming :) This gives more headroom to work on mind you with a healthy budget like that.

sparestuff,
Please stay on topic and provide answers to OP instead of going against the flow of the river.

g-unit1111

Titan

Are we talking Falcon Northwest Fragbox small or are we talking like In Win 901 smaller? I could go either way.

Maybe something like this:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($154.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($196.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Inwin 901 Mini ITX Tower Case ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2242.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-01 12:47 EDT-0400

Or if you want to go micro ATX:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($207.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card ($999.99 @ Amazon)
Case: BitFenix Phenom M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($107.96 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2243.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-01 13:34 EDT-0400

Lutfij

Titan
I mean SFF small...and we've pretty much established boutique built systems to be on another realm when we have the option to build our own :)

I'd move away from CLC units and more towards air-cooling but if water-cooling was involved, I'd set aside about $500 on it for some impressive thermals.

That's what i'm also worried about when we are prescribing a build, we yet don't know what we'll need to include within that 3K envelope...*sigh* Itching to set up a parts list :)

Nevertheless, the builds look impressive - I want a crack at them too ;)

g-unit1111

Titan
So I got bored and decided to see what the most expensive build I could fit into a micro ATX case is. I chose the Aerocool DS-Cube case in blue. Check this out:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($1042.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: EVGA Micro Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($679.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Superclocked Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($1019.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Superclocked Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($1019.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Aerocool DS-Cube Blue MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($122.64 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($232.49 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($12.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $4798.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-01 23:30 EDT-0400

I had no idea you could fit dual Titan Blacks in a mATX case! :lol:

Lutfij

Titan
[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPFwD3) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPFwD3/by_merchant/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790k) | $309.99 @ Amazon
**CPU Cooler** | [Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14) | $67.87 @ Amazon
**Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97M OC Formula Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97mocformula) | $135.78 @ SuperBiiz
**Memory** | [Mushkin Blackline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/mushkin-memory-994125r) | $325.98 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7ke512bw) | $349.99 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital RE4-GP 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd2002fyps) | $85.00 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital RE4-GP 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd2002fyps) | $85.00 @ Amazon
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtxtitanblack6gd5) | $998.99 @ SuperBiiz
**Case** | [Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcanode804blw) | $89.99 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic 660W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss660xp2) | $129.99 @ Newegg
**Monitor** | [Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370) | $807.58 @ Newegg
**Keyboard** | [Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-keyboard-ch9000063na) | $169.99 @ Newegg
**Mouse** | [Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-mouse-m65black) | $47.99 @ Amazon
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available | $3604.14
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-02 07:35 EDT-0400 |

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
OK OK OK!!!! wait, please before you go on the venture of money wasting and just for show business. Many people here do not mind helping. But i like to think that it is not always about just randomly putting things to match the budget.

1. When you said without peripherals, i imagine your friend already has the Screens he will use. if so what does he have waiting? And what resolution.

2. He is building this rig to do what mainly? Does he do CAD or heavy multi tasking or multi GPU rendering?

3. Normally people who ask help to build an expensive rig, give a bit of a story and their expectations alongside whatever they have already and plan to get. So to be able to better help, i do recommend having a chat with your friend about these.

Cuz honestly it would be a shame to waste 1k when it could have been invested in fans, a better case, a better PSU, case accessories like sound dampening kits, magnetic dust filters, fan controllers etc etc. I hope this reaches understanding minds and helps you.

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
Fan controllers are now a thing of the past with the advent of fan splitters and cables that help deliver more power to the splitter and/or fans.

I am lead to believe that the OP has moved on as his last post is about 7 days ago where this post pretty much covers everything that we would require from him to produce a seemingly better valued and performance build. Unfortunately it hasn't been answered and we are left to wonder what could actually be.

In all honesty with a budget of $3K he(his friend) could actually drop in a beefy system and also a proper/custom watercooling setup to go hand in hand with this first build or save more than half and stow it away for some emergency funding but this is all hypothesis unless we have insight to which direction OP's buddy is willing to take.

g-unit1111

Titan

Honestly? I would not throw tons of money away on aesthetics, I would put that money into building the highest performing rig you can get for your budget, the aesthetics and accessories come later. Rather than spend $400 on case fans, sound dampening stuff, filters, all that crap, I would much rather put that in better CPU and GPU.

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

you would rather spend and waste 400 for 100mhz and 5 fps like so many people in the world have been fooled to do all these years. Hmm that is sad. I would invest in better hardware ofc like anyone, but wasting $200 just for 100mhz sorry to say that is extremely stupid. And since you are a bit off the charts my friend, you obviously have a bashing problem. Why are you fixated on the accessory part? Didn't i mention a better PSU, since when did PSU become an accessory? And i put double "etc" at the end which would imply adding any other hardware or accessories. And you count fans as being useless? A better cooling helps your system if you do not know that do not spout random stuff to me thank you.

I take times and patience to actually help people do the best with what they have, i do not randomly type stuff here to get badges or look good.

So i will say it again, if you are willing to waste $ 1k for 5 fps be my guest. I know what i am saying, and i am giving this freely. Sorry if i am not linking any random build too, i really wanted to know more before proposing something to the OP.

Cheers

SuperAdithya

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Here you go.
ultimate 3000$ build oc-able upto 5.2GHZ with ease.
very High-end ultimate gaming.;

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($336.93 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($121.05 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($295.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($233.30 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($238.01 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($139.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($629.98 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($629.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($118.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: Rosewill Hyperborea 89.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Rosewill Hyperborea 89.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($12.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2990.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-08 06:26 EDT-0400

enjoy!

g-unit1111

Titan

You would rather spend $400 on case fans, lights, and sound dampening pads and fan controllers - all of which are useless and don't add anything in terms of performance? I'd rather spend $400 on a second GPU than anything else, that's where you will benefit on today's graphics intensive games.

And since you are a bit off the charts my friend, you obviously have a bashing problem.

Um....... what?

Didn't i mention a better PSU, since when did PSU become an accessory? And i put double "etc" at the end which would imply adding any other hardware or accessories. And you count fans as being useless? A better cooling helps your system if you do not know that do not spout random stuff to me thank you.

I never said PSU was an accessory - it's the most important part of the system. A 1KW EVGA P2 is about the best I would spend money on, anything more than that is overkill. I would spend the money on the hardware - the most important core components - the GPU, PSU, motherboard, CPU, RAM, case, and storage

I take times and patience to actually help people do the best with what they have, i do not randomly type stuff here to get badges or look good.

You say that when I'm a moderator and there's multiple moderators watching this thread. If you want to go there, be my guest. :lol:

So i will say it again, if you are willing to waste $ 1k for 5 fps be my guest. I know what i am saying, and i am giving this freely. Sorry if i am not linking any random build too, i really wanted to know more before proposing something to the OP.

Depends what your monitor resolution is. A second graphics card, on 1080P and 1440P, will get you a lot more than 5FPS. Maybe on 4K it would get you 5 FPS but not a lot of games take advantage of 4K yet. I've posted builds in this thread that are actually $1,000 cheaper than the proposed build and have all high end components based on real reviews from places like Hardware Secrets, Jonnyguru, Maximum PC (not Newegg reviews) - who says I'm wasting money?

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

The simple fact that you have to break down each part of my reply and try to be right and look good about it makes you unfit to be a mod. Instead of understanding someones point of view which as a mod you should be doing, you try to turn the discussion in your favor which is in itself bashing. Then again i do not blame you for having been blatantly defied by some random nobody "Mr. Moderator" that is being watched by other moderators!! So next time if you have some self respect try to suck up your ego and pride, and accept the fact that you are not all knowing, and that everyone is trying to help here and that not only what you think is "awesome".

Closed case i do not want to discuss anything else at this point with a self centered person. good job

Status
Not open for further replies.