need help i5-4460 temperature

Solution

You're pretty much fine, and the room temp is highish, so its all good :)

I havent seen Intel to publish any Tj Max . i know that my i3 2350M has 85 degree Celsius Tj Max and it is very iteresting when it reaches 83 , it starts to throttle - gets sluggish .. Intel only state the max Tcase . We could hardly find Tj Max . They should fix this .

CompuTronix

Intel Master
rockie_,

Unfortunately, Intel hasn't been very proactive concerning clarification of their thermal specifications, which are about as clear as mud ... written by engineers then edited by lawyers into corporateese ... go figure.

However, Intel publishes TjMax for their mobile processors, which also applies to their desktop counterparts. For example, all Core i 4th generation desktop variants are indeed TjMax 100C, which applies to the OP's i5-4460.

Core i 3rd generation is 105C, 2nd generation is 98C and 1st generation is 100C.

Regarding your Core i 2nd generation i3 2350M - http://ark.intel.com/products/53438/Intel-Core-i3-2350M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_30-GHz - there are actually two TjMax specifications; 85C for the "PGA" variant or 100C for the "BGA" variant. From your description, I'm sure that CPU-Z would verify that yours is the "PGA" variant.

Back in their day (`06 thru `08), a few of the original 65 nanometer Core 2 Duo and Quad variants were also TjMax 85C, while the majority were 100C. The later 45 nanometer Core 2 variants such as the excellent Q9650 were also 100C.

CT :sol: