Fx 6300 has better benchmarks then i3 - 4150. Why is this?

yellowpois0n

Reputable
May 11, 2014
Im planing on ordering a pc with gtx 750 ti 2gb, and a i3 - 4150 or a fx 6300. Idk which one to go with when i3 is 10$ more and preforms less? Can someone please clarify this?
Thanks,
---yellowpois0n

Solution
Hi there, the i3-4130 vs the AMD FX-6300 is basically comparing AMD's Middle Class to Intel's Workstation Class. In this instance it is pathetic on AMD's side.

But for gaming, it is more efficient to get an AMD FX-6300 as that has the full 6 cores which can help for more next-generation games coming out where they do use more than 2 cores in the games.
Even though the i3 has Hyperthreads.

Hyperthreads are adding an extra logical core for every physical, where AMD adds more Physical.
If you're planning on doing some gaming and a lot of editing, I suggest getting the AMD FX-6300 over the i3. But if you're more of a workstation need it for dedicated workstation needs. I'd suggest the i3.

Hope this helps.

I'm not going to watch a video, and anyone who presents their results this way probably can't be taken seriously.
The reality is you will find very little performance difference between these two processors in games.
The Intel is more power efficient and runs cooler and quieter.
The AMD has better performance where all the cores can be utilized.
If I had to choose between these, I would choose the FX-6300.
A Core i5 would be a big improvement over both.

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hi there, the i3-4130 vs the AMD FX-6300 is basically comparing AMD's Middle Class to Intel's Workstation Class. In this instance it is pathetic on AMD's side.

But for gaming, it is more efficient to get an AMD FX-6300 as that has the full 6 cores which can help for more next-generation games coming out where they do use more than 2 cores in the games.
Even though the i3 has Hyperthreads.

Hyperthreads are adding an extra logical core for every physical, where AMD adds more Physical.
If you're planning on doing some gaming and a lot of editing, I suggest getting the AMD FX-6300 over the i3. But if you're more of a workstation need it for dedicated workstation needs. I'd suggest the i3.

Hope this helps.

Solution

I don't think you know what a workstation is and probably meant a business-class computer. Workstations are high-powered professional machines and usually have Xeon processors.