Mar 23, 2014
I assembled a new pc 2 days back to replace my old c2d system
Specs
Intel i7 4770(non k)
Gigabyte Z97x GD3H BK
Kingston Hyper x Fury 8Gb 1600Mhz
Corsair Vs550 Psu
Windows 8.1 update 1 x64
It Rebooted on its first boot itself.... At that time it was because of loose processor fan. So I fixed it and then it worked fine for some time and then it Rebooted unexpectedly while copying some files. Then It Worked Fine For a day and then again today the cabinet got struck with my leg and the system Rebooted.... and from then onwards even on the slightest touch it reboots... the couple temp are 40-48 on idle and 58-68 while under load. It also reboots as soon as I open hot pursuit 2010 and even while just listening music.. Can the os be a problem as it was installed on c2d??
and sometimes it just gets stuck in boot loop and doesn't get past bios post.... and boots up after 8 or 9 bootloops
apart from the clean install I have tried all the things
i also tried breadboarding but it then too spins the fans for 3-4 secs and then reboots
i disabled the c6/c7 state in bios and even the c3 but none of them helped
thank you in advance
i tried doing a clean wipe of the os and reinstalled it .the os was installed and the drivers too ....all the things are up to date but when i try to run prime 95 blend test the system reboots instantly as soon as the blend test starts

Shneiky

Distinguished
Any time you change a motherboard chipset - you need a fresh windows installation. You can sometimes keep your windows if you are moving from Z87 to Z97 or something like this. But moving from C2D to Haswell without new windows is just plain ridiculous. Put it fresh windows with the appropriate drivers.

usmanraza

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

Please read the second last line...i did a clean install of the os....formatted the c drive and then installed the os

delellod123

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
hmm, the resetting from a small tap or bump... It may be something is loose. May try reseating ram, taking CPU out, reseating, then retightening the CPU cooler. Maybe motherboard power not snapped in or CPU power. Those would be my guesses.
Are you using thermal paste? your temperatures seem good, so something must be loose.

Def check ram. Or, may be power supply going bad. is it new?

usmanraza

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

i already took the cooler out reseated it tried the ram in dimm 1 and dimm 2 slots....no the thermal paste was pre applied on the base of stock cooler and yes the psu is new

usmanraza

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014

ok...anyways thanxx for ur help