FX-6300 + R7 250X 1GB bottlenecking?

Solution
A GPU can't bottleneck the CPU , the opposite is quite usual however in your case no bottlenecking will happen however you should opt for a better GPU if this is intended for gaming.

at least a r7 265 or a gtx 750 ti
A GPU can't bottleneck the CPU , the opposite is quite usual however in your case no bottlenecking will happen however you should opt for a better GPU if this is intended for gaming.

at least a r7 265 or a gtx 750 ti

Solution
Don't listen to TopLuca. If you are playing games and have an athalon 64 with a GTX 970, your performance will be held back by the CPU. But to answer your question. The 6300 can handle a lot more powerful GPU than the 250x. You could run a 280x with that CPU and have a very nice gaming experience. Also note that the 6300 overclocks very easily. So if you want more performance from it, get a CM hyper 212 Evo and look up some overclocking guides.

Have you really read what I said ? Stop just posting answering for the sake of it without reading and moreover you're just dismissing my advice when you basically said something similar.

A GPU can't bottleneck a CPU , that's true and if you think otherwise then..... you know.

I did read what you said. And you were correct, except saying a GPU cannot bottleneck a CPU. Bottleneck is such a broad term. Most people mean is the one more capable than the other. So a graphics card can be much more capable than a CPU, especially in gaming terms (which is what most people are referring to). It really varies on the game's engine. But games are generally most reliant on the GPU. But the two components handle very different tasks.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/326191-28-bottlenecks

If you believe I am wrong, please supply me with more information so I can be properly informed.

Your problem is in understanding me " So a graphics card can be much more capable than a CPU, especially in gaming terms ".

In 95% of the cases and this topic is totally relevant as this is supposedly a gaming build , The GPU can't bottleneck a CPU . A bottleneck is defined as something being held back in its performance due to lack of power in other area .

let's take an example here : If you pair an i7-4790K with an r7 240 , does that mean that the r7 240 will stop the 4790K from fulfilling its potential due to bottleneck from the GPU ? According to you its a yes.
In real world terms , its a no as the CPU will still be able to do its tasks quite normally and won't be slower in cpu dependent tasks at all further more the problem here is just a miss-pick rather than a bottleneck.

If you reverse the situation and pair a GTX 970 with an athlon as you've mentioned before then in the GPU dependent tasks like games the CPU will hold the card back as its not able to match the speed of the GPU .

The other 5% of the cases I left earlier are mostly cases regarding encoding , decoding and rendering and in that case you're far better off using the CPU alone and you're given the option to do so , which will more or less give you the same performance if you used the CPU and GPU together .

In games you're not given the option , you can decrease bottlenecking by increasing the details and raising the textures quality along with the resolution in order to shift the focus from the CPU to the GPU.

So I think it comes down to a difference in the term bottleneck. Most people mean bottleneck as what you refer to a "miss-pick". In your example, the i7 is much more capable than the r7 240. You are correct that the r7 will not hold back the i7. But compared to GPU's, the i7 4790k is like the 780ti...very close to the top. So you try to pair your GPU and CPU so that they are both equal when performing at 100%.