i3 4150 OR FX-6300

Akarsh123

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
hey guys
I am planning to build a gaming CPU that can handle all high end games on medium settings
so which one should i buy INTEL i3 4150 or AMD Fx-6300. ALSO which one will be future proof for atleast 2 to 2 and a half years
THNX

Solution
Raw performance wise, i3 is better, after OCing, FX 6 is very slightly better. For future proofing, w/o upgrades, I'd go with FX 6 due to more logical cores, but if you want to upgrade after 2-3 years, i3 is the way to go, you can always upgrade to i5 or Xeon or i7 which stump the FX line in gaming. My bet is with i3, everything kept in mind, unless you want those 2-5 extra FPS with FX 6 (after OCing).
Raw performance wise, i3 is better, after OCing, FX 6 is very slightly better. For future proofing, w/o upgrades, I'd go with FX 6 due to more logical cores, but if you want to upgrade after 2-3 years, i3 is the way to go, you can always upgrade to i5 or Xeon or i7 which stump the FX line in gaming. My bet is with i3, everything kept in mind, unless you want those 2-5 extra FPS with FX 6 (after OCing).

Solution
How is it slightly better? I'm not talking about customer reviews, check up some benchmarks, some real world scenarios, AM3+ platform is almost dead, FX is 95W TDP, i3 is 54W, FX has 2 cores in a single module, i3 has one core per module, Intel has much higher FPU and single core performance, more upgradibility.