Best 780 model

Samplayz

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
Hi I was looking at the graphics nvidia graphics card gtx 780. I'd like to know the difference between the Asus Direct CU 2 model or the EVGA Superclocked ACX. The evga runs at a higher clock speed, so I was leaning towards that, even though I'd like a pros opinion. Also how does it stack up against the gtx 970?

Solution
the gtx 970 is significantly faster than the 780. in fact, Nvidia has stopped producing the 780 and 780Ti because of how good the 970 and 980 are (and how efficient it is to produce them).

if you're buying now, I would get a 970. in terms of cooler, I'd say they're about the same, both are great companies, with Asus having a slightly better cooler, but EVGA with better warranty and customer service
the gtx 970 is significantly faster than the 780. in fact, Nvidia has stopped producing the 780 and 780Ti because of how good the 970 and 980 are (and how efficient it is to produce them).

if you're buying now, I would get a 970. in terms of cooler, I'd say they're about the same, both are great companies, with Asus having a slightly better cooler, but EVGA with better warranty and customer service

Solution