R9 270 crossfire or Gtx 770?

EBankert

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
I just want to know if to Radeon r9 270 video cards in crossfire will outperform a Geforce gtx 770? I just want the facts, not the opinions.

Solution
Yes, they will perform better in terms of raw power. They will also require a larger power supply, as well as produce a lot more heat. You'd also potentially be stunted by lack of VRAM depending on which versions of these cards we're referring to.

If you're going to crossifrex some ATI cards, I'd suggest at least R9-280 non X's for their price point and extra video memory for larger resolutions. Also carries more viable weight into the next generation of games. Assuming you weren't just asking this for the knowledge of it alone. I'd go with a single GTX 970 over either of the aforementioned solutions

sammy sung

Distinguished
Yes, they will perform better in terms of raw power. They will also require a larger power supply, as well as produce a lot more heat. You'd also potentially be stunted by lack of VRAM depending on which versions of these cards we're referring to.

If you're going to crossifrex some ATI cards, I'd suggest at least R9-280 non X's for their price point and extra video memory for larger resolutions. Also carries more viable weight into the next generation of games. Assuming you weren't just asking this for the knowledge of it alone. I'd go with a single GTX 970 over either of the aforementioned solutions

Solution

Gracodana

Distinguished
yes r9 270 crossfire will give better results overall but there are some instances where the scaling of the 2 cards in a game might be very poor and so the 770 might outperform but this would be rare for the crossfire not to give better results.

Gracodana

Distinguished

^^ agree with this, crossfire can be a little less reliable though thats what i've heard so you will find people who havnt ever had a problem with there's. Also with my other comment if you were to get the 970 then I think it would be very similer performance and then it would be much better to get the 970 I answered the question in referance to the 770.