144 Hz monitor and LGP Lite Capture Card?

feefeffe

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hey, I have an AMD 280X and I have a 144 Hz monitor connected to it through DVI. I also have a capture card connected to it with HDMI.

I am duplicating the signal from the GPU to the monitor/capture card but it seems like I cannot get my 144 Hz to display in anything else than 60 Hz. If I change the main display to 144 Hz, it will run in 144 Hz but the resolution will be completely fucked up.

feefeffe

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
I see. I have a few other questions: Currently I run two monitors from the GPU, both using DVI and the monitors are extended. One monitor is 60 Hz and the other one 144 Hz. Everything works good. But if I add a third monitor through the HDMI port it won't work. Windows will detect all three monitors, but I will only be able to use two.

So how do I solve this? Do I buy a DVI->HDMI converter that I use for the capture card and then a HDMI->DVI converter for the 60 Hz monitor? Or should I buy a DVI->DVIx2 splitter and run the 144 Hz monitor and the capture card from them? Then I will need a DVI dual link splitter?

the problem is the r9-280x... amd gpus can only support 2 digital connections at the same time (only the vga connection, if your card has one, is considered analog)... to get more digital connections you need to utilize the mini displayport plugs and use an active displayport adaptor, then you can expand your number of monitors beyond 2.

Display Port tends to be required in triple monitor setups for the third monitor to be used, a common thing with AMD cards.

In order for it to work, you need to use an active adapter DP to DVI cable, not just any DP to DVI cable because they don't work. You need one just like this one -

sku_184141_1.jpg

feefeffe

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Ok, great. I have a two PC setup and the capture card is sending the captured video/sound to the second PC. But I also want to send my microphone's sound to the second PC. How do I do that? I guess I could do it over LAN by joining a teamspeak server on both PCs...