Best Value 1150 CPU?

jonadam23

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I'm in the process of building a new system. I decided to take a jump over to Intel from AMD. I already have my motherboard and GPU (MSI Gaming 3 H97 and MSI R9 270) but I'm still searching for the right CPU. I mostly game on my computer (1080p) and I don't do anything like video editing or photoshop but I am interested in getting a CPU that can last a few GPU upgrades without being too much of a bottleneck. I'm looking more in the $200 price range but I would be willing to spend a bit more if it is really worth it.

Solution
Since you're only gaming, An i5 would do the trick. I would prefer for your situation to get the 4690K. At 3.5 Ghz with the option to overclock, It's great for Gaming, regardless if you're overclocking or not, and it will handle almost any GPU you throw at it right now. Yes, it's $40 over your budget, but the $240 price tag is totally worth it.

SoundFX09

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Since you're only gaming, An i5 would do the trick. I would prefer for your situation to get the 4690K. At 3.5 Ghz with the option to overclock, It's great for Gaming, regardless if you're overclocking or not, and it will handle almost any GPU you throw at it right now. Yes, it's $40 over your budget, but the $240 price tag is totally worth it.

Solution
h97 chipset is not capable to of OC plus an aftermarket cooler is also required for OC i5 4590 or 4690 whatever fits your budget go for that dont go for a k processor or else you will have to either change the board and add a cooler for overclocking or keep it as it is.