780 TI & Power HELP

WorldzGaming

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Ok, so my powersupply is 650w has only 2 6 pin connectors. Anyway, I currently have a radeon 7950 which requires 2 6 pins. I got the 780 TI as a replacement.
So.... the 780ti came with a (2x) 2molex-8pin. for people like me who dont have 8 pins... But I only have 2 molex cables because my other one is used for LED and another one is used for sata conversion.
Anyway, I thought of an alternative to get 2 splitters and put on each of the molexes so It'll go from 2 molex to 4. Is this okay? Will it work? Im worried that It'll be too much power for 1 molex to handle. But I did some research and some people say its okay but theres a chance of the wire melting...
I dont want a new Power Supply, I cannot currently afford it. I currently have a "WideTech 650w 120mm".

Solution
My suggestion is to setup as recommended but just use a SPLITTER to tap off one of your two MOLEX connectors to keep running the light. Don't use the single MOLEX connector to run the graphics card.

Thus you can use BOTH of them as recommended and the LED light would use minimal power anyway.

So:
a) MOLEX to MOLEX splitter,
b) One output of splitter to light. The second to the graphics card
My suggestion is to setup as recommended but just use a SPLITTER to tap off one of your two MOLEX connectors to keep running the light. Don't use the single MOLEX connector to run the graphics card.

Thus you can use BOTH of them as recommended and the LED light would use minimal power anyway.

So:
a) MOLEX to MOLEX splitter,
b) One output of splitter to light. The second to the graphics card

Solution

WorldzGaming

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Are you sure this will work? So you mean to connect one splitter to the light and one to the other molex? Because I need 4 molexes. 2 for 1 8-pin.

WorldzGaming

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

No I'm trying to change 2 molex into 4 molex... So it would be 125 watts for each molex.