Solved

How do you remove a hacker who has administrative rights?

My computer has been running slow so I checked my computer and found out that I have a hacker who is a joint user with a / next to my username and it took over and this birdnerd62510 has administrative rights. Is there anything I can do cause if I reset my computer to factory settings I dont have the paperwork to get my anti virus back without having to buy it again.Will this fix my hacker problem? If I dont get rid of this jerk soon who knows what they might do.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about remove hacker administrative rights
  1. Go to user accounts. See if its there. If it is, delete it. And do a full scan with an AV program
  2. but this jerk user called birdnerd62510 is joint with my wifes name and it kicked my wife off as admin and now birdnerd62510 is. I would have to delete the admin and my wife as the user. I would think that deleting the admin might cause problems. I could be wrong though.
  3. Well copy her stuff somewhere else for now then delete the account then put her stuff / folders back. Or reformat / reinstall windows
  4. I could possibly do that but, if the hacker got admin rights, he or she made a user based on our wedding anniversary and my wifes hobby so they probably know her IP adress and the network password as well even if I do reinstall/reformat windows
  5. Change the password
  6. 1. Turn that PC off
    2. Change your WiFi password
    3. Wipe and reinstall the OS on that PC
    4. From a completely different PC, go change ALL your passwords. Everywhere.
  7. I read up and it says that it may want me to insert a media disk if it needs missing files. I dont have those disks cause best buy installed windows 8 on it for me. Dont want to have a paper weight cause I dont have those disks
  8. Tom4186 said:
    I read up and it says that it may want me to insert a media disk if it needs missing files. I dont have those disks cause best buy installed windows 8 on it for me. Dont want to have a paper weight cause I dont have those disks


    What OS did it come with originally? Windows 7?
    And then BestBuy installed Windows 8 for you? If they did, they are required to have given you the install media and the license key.
  9. Tom4186 said:
    My computer has been running slow so I checked my computer and found out that I have a hacker who is a joint user with a / next to my username and it took over and this birdnerd62510 has administrative rights. Is there anything I can do cause if I reset my computer to factory settings I dont have the paperwork to get my anti virus back without having to buy it again.Will this fix my hacker problem? If I dont get rid of this jerk soon who knows what they might do.


    Please post a screenshot of this. What you're saying makes little to no sense.
  10. Best answer
    Pinhedd said:
    Tom4186 said:
    My computer has been running slow so I checked my computer and found out that I have a hacker who is a joint user with a / next to my username and it took over and this birdnerd62510 has administrative rights. Is there anything I can do cause if I reset my computer to factory settings I dont have the paperwork to get my anti virus back without having to buy it again.Will this fix my hacker problem? If I dont get rid of this jerk soon who knows what they might do.


    Please post a screenshot of this. What you're saying makes little to no sense.


    Right. There is quite a lot of weirdness in this.

    1. BestBuy installed the OS, but failed to give the install media, etc.
    2. A new admin account, based on hobbies and anniversary date. If true, there are WAY bigger problems.
    3. What is a 'joint user'?
Ask a new question

Read More

Hacker Windows 8 Computers