Solved

Building my first "Gaming Desktop" Need help !

I do not have any of the parts in order to make my computer. My budget for the total project is 1,300. Obviously i want to save money but i want a Desktop with a nice black red case or appealing but most of all i want to run my games at ultra. BF4, Tera, Wildstar, Archeage, Crysis 3 but have a very high fps. I do not know where i should start besides a Intel i5 and Nvida graphics card.
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming desktop
  1. Hi there,

    Few questions before we start

    1 - 1300 Dollars?
    2 - Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse and Windows DVD?
  2. You'll need an Z-97 Mobo, a potent, probably 650W PSU, make sure the MOBO fits in the case you want, i.e. ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX, etc... and make sure you get the right RAM (DDR3 1600 or above) any HDD, and plug it in. Reference Youtube if you need help putting it together. FYI, GTX 970 is the card to get. You don't have to get NVidia though, AMD makes some great cards as well. Overall, you could get a decent machine for under $1300 that will run everything at Ultra on 1080p.
  3. niko24 said:
    Hi there,

    Few questions before we start

    1 - 1300 Dollars?
    2 - Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse and Windows DVD?

    Yes i need all those.
  4. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($111.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.78 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1255.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:29 EDT-0400

    This case doesn't have a 5.25" drive, but you can just grab a cheap external CD burner and use that to install Windows. Gaming these days is all via download, so it's pretty rare that you use a CD drive.
  5. Build looks great sans the monitor.

    Probably need to set aside about $150 for a decent monitor.
  6. Here you go. All is black and red colored including case, keyboard, mouse, headhpones.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.44 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: BenQ GL2760H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.09 @ NCIX US)
    Headphones: Logitech G230 Headset ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1268.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:34 EDT-0400
  7. Transmaniacon said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($111.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.78 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1255.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:29 EDT-0400

    This case doesn't have a 5.25" drive, but you can just grab a cheap external CD burner and use that to install Windows. Gaming these days is all via download, so it's pretty rare that you use a CD drive.

    I was hoping to have the monitor and keyboard and mouse included in the build, not including a taller tower for more space, and customization.
  8. Best answer
    Demonsninja said:
    Transmaniacon said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($111.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.78 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1255.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:29 EDT-0400

    This case doesn't have a 5.25" drive, but you can just grab a cheap external CD burner and use that to install Windows. Gaming these days is all via download, so it's pretty rare that you use a CD drive.

    I was hoping to have the monitor and keyboard and mouse included in the build, not including a taller tower for more space, and customization.


    Look at mine. All is included for you mate.
  9. Great build right here.

    niko24 said:
    Here you go. All is black and red colored including case, keyboard, mouse, headhpones.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.44 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: BenQ GL2760H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.09 @ NCIX US)
    Headphones: Logitech G230 Headset ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1268.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:34 EDT-0400
  10. Great job niko24!
  11. niko24 said:
    Here you go. All is black and red colored including case, keyboard, mouse, headhpones.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.44 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: BenQ GL2760H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.09 @ NCIX US)
    Headphones: Logitech G230 Headset ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1268.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:34 EDT-0400
    Is there a tall tower compatiable with all of that it can be a bit more cost but just more space and design
  12. pacdrum_88 said:
    Great build right here.

    niko24 said:
    Here you go. All is black and red colored including case, keyboard, mouse, headhpones.

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hFJpVn/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.44 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($70.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: BenQ GL2760H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.09 @ NCIX US)
    Headphones: Logitech G230 Headset ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1268.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 13:34 EDT-0400




    Thank you.
  13. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001rd this one is awesome but the total price would be a bit more then 1300$
  14. Sorry didn't see your post about needing a monitor until after I submitted. An ATX mid-tower will hold a lot of stuff, what all do you plan to add in the future?
  15. niko24 said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001rd this one is awesome but the total price would be a bit more then 1300$

    Thank you for all the help looks like i have my Computer :D.
  16. niko24 said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001rd this one is awesome but the total price would be a bit more then 1300$

    The build you made for me can that hook up to three monitors and i changed the red phantom case to a black one.
  17. Demonsninja said:
    niko24 said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001rd this one is awesome but the total price would be a bit more then 1300$

    The build you made for me can that hook up to three monitors and i changed the red phantom case to a black one.


    Yes it can if this is a question. I'am glad that you liked it. Dont forget to pick bes solution, I am appreciate it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Systems