660 SLI Can I add a non SLI card?

dillon239

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Okay... I am running 3 monitors 1 on 1 660, and 2 on the other. Now the problem I face is SLI will not work in properly in any scenario in which I decide id like to split the monitors to each their own. I only use the primarily display for my games where as one is set-up to display benchmarking information and other statistics for the PC. The 3rd monitor is used for browsing internet, watching youtube in between game play.

Here is the million dollar question... and I know in a sense this should be possible just wanting to get a verification. Can I run a non SLI 3rd card... just a lower end Nvidia to work the other 2 monitors while I allow the SLI to fully drive the primary... Is there anyway this would work? I would hate to go buy another card to no avail.

Solution
Yes, It will work. If you still absolutely don't believe me, then for peace of mind, you can do this: plug only two monitors into your GPUs, then plug the third one into your motherboard so it runs off your CPU's integrated graphics. So you already have a third GPU to run them like you want.

Best Wishes.

TStahler

Distinguished
Yes, It will work. If you still absolutely don't believe me, then for peace of mind, you can do this: plug only two monitors into your GPUs, then plug the third one into your motherboard so it runs off your CPU's integrated graphics. So you already have a third GPU to run them like you want.

Best Wishes.

Solution