$1200 computer build

gtech45

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Hey guys I need help to build my first pc. It is going to be specifically for gaming and I can figure out the building part, but I need some help with the components. Basically, I need everything, including an os. I already have a monitor. I can be a little flexible with the budget. Thanks for any responses!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
First keep the low profile memory and the power supply I linked. The low profile memory is blue matching the board and has 0 chance of having clearance issues with the CPU cooler if you ever need to add another set to get 16GB, and the power supply has a 7 year warranty and plenty of power.
For the windows 7 or windows 8.1 that comes down to what you like some people hate 8 I find 7 easier to use. From a gaming stand point you will see no difference, from a technical stand point 8.1 is better.
For the SSD load the operating system and your programs on it for a really fast boot time and your programs open instantly, load all the games on the regular hard drive.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

It will play the game as maxed out as the game engine will allow, I already have that i'll be glad when the real game comes out. Also that is a really nice case with a large window to see inside the PC.
For a simple good mouse and keyboard this would work nothing special it just functions.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126097