970 sli 4k

Cirocobama

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Hey everyone! I plan on purchasing a LG55UB8500. It's going to double as my pc monitor. I already have a g1 970 would sli be worth it or should I wait till AMD shows their hand. I want to push as many frames as possible in 4k. I know the whole tv as a monitor thing honestly I don't mind it I've got 7.1 surround so the atmosphere is great. I don't play competitive fps games so the lag isn't noticeable to me. Or are we still far away from 4k at playable frame rates ie. >45 fps?

Solution

Yes normally newer DirectX versions play an important role in graphics representation but I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be a game changer. Also AA is important if you want the jagged edges around graphics and models to appear smooth etc. You can turn it off if you notice a big increase in FPS. If for example you only get 5 FPS more with AA turned off, its better to leave it on since you will...

Ace251091

Reputable
May 12, 2014

You can get good frame rates yes but instead of guessing go and check the games you are or will be playing in the future for yourself. The site is:

http://gamegpu.ru/

Cirocobama

Reputable
May 24, 2014
I noticed I'd get playable frame rates with aa set to off or down. Is AA needed at 4k? Will I be sacrificing a lot by not being able to apply it and realistically will DX12 be a game changer that will make our hardware a lot better?
i7 4790k 4.8 ghz
16 gig gskill
2tb wd black, 256 mx100, h100i,asus z97a, 750 watt power supply

Ace251091

Reputable
May 12, 2014

Yes normally newer DirectX versions play an important role in graphics representation but I wouldn't go as far as saying it will be a game changer. Also AA is important if you want the jagged edges around graphics and models to appear smooth etc. You can turn it off if you notice a big increase in FPS. If for example you only get 5 FPS more with AA turned off, its better to leave it on since you will experience better quality and since you're using such a large panel you will notice bad edges, around shapes.

Solution