PC 350 SE audio quality

So every review that I've read says that the Sennheiser PC 350's have great audio quality.But I've been listening to them now for about 2 weeks and I just can't get over how terrible the highs and mids are compared to my Corsair Vengenace 1500 headset. And in games everything feels further away. I've been trying different eq settings within windows but I still can't seem to fix it. I also have a amp so power isn't the issue.I might just be me but I notice a huge difference in a bad way lol. Just trying to see if anyone out their has a pair of these headphones or if anyone has some insight.

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

What the exact model of your mobo?, the PC 350 is a 150 Ohms headset (for example the Corsair is only 32 and have his own amplifier), usually you need a decent card to drive a 150+ ohms speakers (althought if your mobo have an aplifier for 600 that could not be the problem) and the 898 not being bad isn't a high end sound solution, if you had a bad speader that could be your problem but with a 600 output isn't.

And the values for your chipset usually on the average:

z77-audio-performance-s.jpg

Whats the values you are using on the sampling rate for the headset analogic output?, i get a lot of diference on some headsets between 96 and 192 and maybe that could be your problem, while others have minimun diferences.