Hi there. I have an HP 2000 laptop that is a little over three years old now. About a week ago, something happened to it- eit

EmD713

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
Three year-old HP laptop with charging issues, as well as issues with the AMD driver. Input on what to do would be greatly appreciated! My laptop is always at 10% power now, and I get a warning message if I unplug it. So I'm unsure if this is a battery issue, or a power cord issue.

Solution
Most likely you need a new battery. If the power cord was the problem it would fully discharge and fail to work at all.

Take a look at Amazon for generic compatible batteries with good reviews, and consider getting one with more cells if not too much more expensive -- that's useful if you use it off plug for any length of time as it will increase the time between needing charges.

RealBeast

Titan
Most likely you need a new battery. If the power cord was the problem it would fully discharge and fail to work at all.

Take a look at Amazon for generic compatible batteries with good reviews, and consider getting one with more cells if not too much more expensive -- that's useful if you use it off plug for any length of time as it will increase the time between needing charges.

Solution