rhys_m

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
So I have the following set up

I5 4460
Gtx 970
8gb 1600 ram
And a h60 for cooling

However when playing ac4 I still cant play on ultra smoothly, surely this should easily play this game, I have seen people posting videos with much lower specs maxing the game out however when I try I get alot of micro stuttering. Is the cpu causing a bottleneck? Or is there some program I can install that will help me find out? Im playing at 1080p so not particuarly high resolutions.

Many thanks in advance

Solution
I don't think a 415w power supply is enough for your build, that is most likely the problem, but for the sake of argument, go download a gpu monitor of some sort (I use Moo system monitor) and make sure your GPU is running at 100% while gaming, if it is, 1st update drivers, 2nd re-install game and restart your PC. Yeah, you could prolly find the answer without re-installing the game, but you would most likely spend more time doing that than just doing a clean install.

rhys_m

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Definately the latest drivers, also just trying run it on 4x msaa, it seems if I have ambient occulsion, physx or aa on at all (even on low) then it plays up. Is there any chance it could be my powersupply? What would the symptoms of that be? Im using a 415w one at the moment, only 2 fans, and 1 hdd.

Thanks for the help

Ferenzee

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
I don't think a 415w power supply is enough for your build, that is most likely the problem, but for the sake of argument, go download a gpu monitor of some sort (I use Moo system monitor) and make sure your GPU is running at 100% while gaming, if it is, 1st update drivers, 2nd re-install game and restart your PC. Yeah, you could prolly find the answer without re-installing the game, but you would most likely spend more time doing that than just doing a clean install.

Solution