Oct 29, 2014
my specs are
fx 8350@4ghz
asus r9 280x
2x4gb corsair vengance 2133mhz
corsair rm1000 watts
asus m5a99fx
hyper 212 evo

im getting a lot of fps drops in almost every game..i was checking the graph when playing bf4 and i noticed that my cpu usage was over my gpu..and when i get a drop the cpu usage goes way high but gpu is stable..im running on ultra on bf4 multiplayer and im getting avg 50 when im not getting fps drops..i am forced to play at lower setting and to enable v sync..how to solve this issue..i was thinking of getting my gpu rma but since this graph i dont wat to do..how do i fix this issue of fps drops..im getting the fps i should be getting in most of the games but these damn drops..and i checked the temps,,,cpu is 55-60 avg and gpu is 80..on full load..pls tell me if i should provide anything else..wat should i look out for to exactly check which part is giving me the problem

atf_mart

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
what do you mean way high? are you talking about the CPU/GPU Graph that comes with bf4?

if you are talking about the yellow and green line spikes, I had those even with my old i7 4770k so that is battlefields fault, I fixed it by reinstalling win 8.1 x64, remember to update drivers from your motherboard manufacturer and install clean gpu drivers.

if you are monitoring with the task manager, what do you mean by high cpu usage? 95%? if its at 80% it should be fine.

is your gpu overheating? try setting your gpu fan to around 60 70% and play like that.

there are a lot of things when it comes to low perf on games.

plaintuts

Admirable
I believe the cpu is causing the micro stutter..

Its basically thermal throttling at 60c because it still turbo boost to 4.2ghz

Try to improve the case air flow or add an intake on the side panel directly above the cpu.
And exhaust on the top.

tharunreddy52

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
im getting these drops even the case was fully open..i thought the same due to case flow prob so i full opened and still the same thing..i tried reiinstalling windows ..did not work :( ...some are telling me to reapply the heatsink so gonna try that