Solved

Is Overclocking the CPU that important for GAMING?

There is always one important question in my mind, Is Overclocking the CPU that important for GAMING? i dont think so right? Im planning to go for
i5-4690
Mobo ASROCK B-85M ITX
EVGA SUPERCLOCKED GTX970
8GB 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaw
-in a CyberPowerPC's FANG BattleBOX
Problem?Thoughts?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking cpu important gaming
  1. Best answer
    No, overclocking is a hobby, and on modern high end CPUs, you will not see any difference in game performance from overclocking.
  2. it's free power, but your mobo can't overclock much if any.

    You often need a better heatshink.
  3. middlemarkal said:
    it's free power, but your mobo can't overclock much if any.

    You often need a better heatshink.



    Thats why i say im NOT GOING TO overclock BRUH
  4. tiny voices said:
    No, overclocking is a hobby, and on modern high end CPUs, you will not see any difference in game performance from overclocking.


    Hobby? Any advantage of overclocking CPU then?
  5. On older CPUs that are struggling to keep up, you can see some difference, but honestly overclocking is mostly a hobby now-a-days. With modern CPUs overclocking really gives little gains. We are not in the land of being able to almost double the clock speed of a CPU and see real results like we were 7-8 years ago.

    For example I have an i5 3570k and I have a pretty hefty 1.1ghz overclock on it and I don't see ANY difference in game performance at all with or without the overclock.
  6. tiny voices said:
    On older CPUs that are struggling to keep up, you can see some difference, but honestly overclocking is mostly a hobby now-a-days. With modern CPUs overclocking really gives little gains. We are not in the land of being able to almost double the clock speed of a CPU and see real results like we were 7-8 years ago.

    For example I have an i5 3570k and I have a pretty hefty 1.1ghz overclock on it and I don't see ANY difference in game performance at all with or without the overclock.


    Alright man thanks, good explaination. So now i don't have to think of overclocking CPU and shits anymore thanks to you :) peace out
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Gaming CPUs