FX 8320 @ 4ghz looks a bit hot

voidzito

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
Hey, so i have a FX 8320 and i decided to do a small OC to 4.0 touching only the multiplier, so i set it to 20 in the BIOS ( Turbo off, everything else at default ) .

After i just run IBT to check the temps and if its stable in a quick way and i'm thinking the temps are a bit to high for the changes i did ( Socket: 66º, Core 50º ), i'm not expert and i have just started reading more but i thought this "low" OC wouldn't push the CPU to such big temps or maybe my CPU Cooler isn't correctly installed.

Here is a screen: http://i60.tinypic.com/2968h0.jpg

So if this is normal considering i used a program to stress test the CPU, if i increase it a bit more ( maybe i can be lucky and get 4.2 with stock ) the temps will increase even further?

CPU - AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+
Memory - Kingston Fury Red Series 4GB
Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card - Asus GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Power Supply - Corsair CX500W 80PLUS BRONZE
Case - NOX Coolbay SX Red Devil 3.0 ( Front and back 120mm fans ).

Any help appreciated guys

voidzito

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
I see, so i will have no problem by keeping it like this right? also i have wise scholar n Quiet enable to drop the CPU when its not in full load (like i said, all default) is that an issue when oc?

Also i have seen the voltage increases to 1.4 some times, if instead of auto i set it to stock will it help to decrease the temps?

TRENDING THREADS