$1000 - $ 1300 Range Best Gaming CPU for November 2014 in Malaysia

Ransley Tong

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
I'm living in Malaysia and i need a nice built for gaming at high frame rate.
(around RM 3000 to RM 4200 )
[Built excluding : Monitor , Mouse , Speaker , Keyboard , OS ]
I had been seeing through other post of recommended built but i find quite a lot are not available in malaysia.

Im also a first time builder , please suggest some easy plug and play component and lesser the wiring will be nice and looks neat

Requirements:
(Wanna play Sims 4 and use DolphineEmulator to play Wii game with very smooth condition and high fps , wan instant respond from every single process)
I also hope that my PC is future proof and customizable ability.
I need a built that can be bought in malaysia.
*Built in with Bluetooth and Wifi so i dont need to buy an USB port Wireless adapter
*LEDs equipment will be nice and liquid cooler with colour matched in all PC components

Kindly use this link for searching availability of parts: http://www.priceme.com.my/
http://www.lelong.com.my/

Thanks in advanced =)

I tried those sites, but it was difficult to find anything.

Here's where you should start:

i5 processor, 3,2 to 3.4 GHz clock, not a K version
Z97 mATX or ATX motherboard so you can add a second GPU later to extend the life of your system. MSI makes some with WiFi, as do some other manufacturers. You can buy a half mini PCI-e WiFi/Bluetooth card for motherboards with the slot. (That's what I'm using)
2x4 Gb of DDR3-1600 memory CAS/CL 9 or less.
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (if other make sure 7200 rpm and 64Mb cache.)
120+ GB SSD for Operating system Samsung and Crucial are good. Get at least 400/400 for read/write.
Seasonic or Antec power supply of 500 to 650W.
The cheapest case you can stand. This is the only place to cut corners.
Windows 8.1 OS
Buy the best GPU you can afford with your remaining budget.

Add chrome/bling/fancy lights/aftermarket cooler later or with the small amount of money you may have left.

Ransley Tong

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Hi and thanks for the suggestions
Btw I prefer some specific components.
Can you make a list from pc part picker
That will help a lots thanks
And also can help check this built?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2337881/1500-2000-gaming-build-october-2014.html

I love this built especially the case and cooler
Is there anyway I can reduce my budget more ? like changing the motherboard or others.
Thanks though or maybe I'll built it first and wait couple of months after I have they money to add on cooler .
As I know liquid cooler is needed only for overclocking purpose ? And also overclocking an i5 can save budget on using an i7 instead ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Swiftech H320 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($150.49 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($162.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($128.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($109.24 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($349.99 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1468.64

You do not NEED to overclock the CPU, you can, but it is not essential.

You have a comparatively modest budget for a top-end system and the choices you are making make it harder to get it down.

For a good system you MUST have the following:

i5 processor
motherboard (must be Z97 if you want to add a second GPU later or overclock, H97 if you don't)
8Gb of RAM
HDD (1TB is the right price performance)
A GTX 970 GPU
A good 500 to 650 W PSU if you want to overclock or add a second GPU
Case
Operating system

You say you need WiFi/Bluetooth. Fine, it's cheap.

The biggest saving you can make above is the Case and cooler. You are spending 20% of your budget on them. That's more than the CPU and only a little less than the GPU. For me, it's far too much for budget at this level.

Yes, you can save a little on the motherboard, but only $50 or so, tops and we could drop the SSD and trim a little here and there, but we won't be able to save enough.

Ransley Tong

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
so I can remove the cooler right ? I don't necessary need it to run my pc and play games ? Then I will be saving about 150+ and also I don't need the optical drive .

About the above MOTHERBOARD I can found msi z97 gaming 3/5/7 and not gd65 . So which one is equivalent to that. Did they have built in wifi or Bluetooth ?
If not , can I buy the adapter to plug in to motherboard ? (Not the external usb stick type as it eats up usb port) (include product name )

as for the RAM I only found kingston hyperX so which RAM of kingston (full product name pls ) I should use ?

Thanks again a total newbie and noobie

Sorry for any inconvenience