980/970 price drop come black friday?

hypnotizedmind

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
I went to my local computer parts store (TigerDirect) in search of the recently released 970/980 cards from nVidia. Turns out they actually have them, but told me they couldn't sell them to me until Black Friday. So being that the cards have only recently been released, would I still expect to see a price drop? I'm asking because it doesn't make sense to me for them to put a $350 card like the 970 on sale for any cheaper especially due to the fact that the cards are only 2 months old. What do you guys think?

Solution
The 980 and 970 likely won't see any discount on Black Friday. On the Nvidia side if you do see any discounts, they're likely to be on the older 700 series cards that the retailers may be looking to start moving out as the rest of the Maxwell lineup becomes available.
The 980 and 970 likely won't see any discount on Black Friday. On the Nvidia side if you do see any discounts, they're likely to be on the older 700 series cards that the retailers may be looking to start moving out as the rest of the Maxwell lineup becomes available.

Solution